Jump to content

Steel Lynx

Members
  • Posts

    748
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Steel Lynx

  1. to the Forum! There should never be a moments hesitation when considering buying a 370Z!!!
  2. A guy at work had his done at http://www.wheelworksuk.co.uk/ and said he was really happy with the results. I have not used them personally but might be worth looking at if you're in the area.
  3. In case anyone's interested, I dug this up online for the Nurburgring. Base fee for attendance of armco truck: €150 Removing damaged armco: €10/metre (x2 or x3 or x4 for multiple-height sections) Replacement armco: €31/metre (x2 or x3 for double/triple height) Removing damaged armco posts: €5.10 each Replacing armco post: €39 each Safety car attendance: €82 per 30 mins (car + 2 people) Circuit closure: €1,350 per hour Recovery truck: €190 (inc VAT) Hospital stay & air ambulance: Let's just say, do NOT go there without travel insurance! (Though a European Health Card - which replaced the E111 - may cover the hospital bit.) Everything except the recovery truck is then subject to 19% VAT.
  4. I shall randomly guess the price at £800
  5. to the forum! Did you get a vehicle inspection done? It might still be worth getting one done soon as (I think RAC do them) they're quite expensive but also extensive (my dad seems to swear by them anyway, he had one done on his C36 AMG before buying) My thinking is. If they find other things wrong with it that's unlikely to have been caused in the week you've had it, that would also go in your favour in any claims you might need/want to make.
  6. Let's see if this works
  7. I recently posted in the service section about my experience with Motorline in Tunbridge Wells. I was extremely happy with everything they did, the people were nice and helpful. Ian even sorted out the recall for the steering lock without me mentioning it even though I'd not received a letter about it, and also sorted my sticky boot catch! He was very thorough!
  8. NeilP, that's only 10 minutes further away than the Nissan HPC I went to (Tunbridge Wells) for my p3 service so not a problem at all. I will give them a call on Monday and see when they can fit me in. Thanks to all for your advice (again)
  9. The car was first registered in April 2010 so I'm guessing the warranty will have run out now. I'm located in Lewes, East Sussex.
  10. Well, I managed to pursuade a garage to get my car up on their lift (very carefully) and sadly, no stones, no nails, and nothing around the prop/drive shaft so now I'm stumped. The guy at the garage had a look and said he couldn't be sure and not to hold him to it but he thought the collar on the right side of the LSD wasn't where it should be and thought there was some play in it. He also said that maybe a bearing is wearing or worn out in there. I will phone Nissan on Monday and book it in......It's beginning to sound like it's going to get expensive very quickly!
  11. I have had a look at the tyres but can't see anything out of the ordinary. I would say it's definitely something wheel related although I'm no mechanic. @ Commander. The sound gets faster as I speed up and slower when I slow down but doesn't change tone and doesn't seem to be related to the brakes, there's also no different feel to the car during cornering or general driving, just a constant tic tic tic tic. @HmmBen. I don't remember running over anything like rope. I have had the noise before but it went away so thought it was a stone the first time. This time it's not going away, although it's only really audible with the offside window open (although now I know it's there I can hear it a bit with the windows up now) @ZMANALEX. I will go and check the rear dirt shield once the car's cooled down a bit and I can have a good nose around.
  12. Hi all, So I decided to go out for a drive last night. After opening her up for a bit I have now noticed that I have a ticking/tapping type noise as I'm going along. I thought it might be a stone in the tyre at first but it sounds too metallic and I've kept an eye on it for a good long distance and it's not gone away, it only starts from around 25mph upwards and gets faster as I get faster so must be ( I assume) something to do with the wheels? The engine sounds fine if I'm at a standstill and rev it, which is why I thought it might be wheel related. I was wondering if anyone else has had, or knows what this might be as I'm a bit concerned about it (and Nissan is fully booked up at the moment) Thanks in advance for any feedback or suggestions.
  13. Thought I might as well continue the my service thread here rather than start a new topic. Had my car serviced at Motorline Nissan Tunbridge Wells today, I have to say the whole experience was excellent, I've never had much luck with main dealer ships but Ian Fraser is a very easy guy to get on with. He also mentioned the steering lock recall thing which I said I hadn't had a letter for so he got that sorted for me, and also sorted out the sticky boot catch as a good will gesture. He charged £449 (after I mentioned I was a member of the forum) for the P3 service and I also decided to get the air con system done (it was 20 quid cheaper if you get it done while they already have the car) I can highly recommend them, I will definitely be going back there! Very happy with them indeed
  14. to the forum.
  15. to the forum mate.
  16. So, I got back from driving in Europe today (which was excellent fun) and my car is due for its 36k service. I saw on a previous (archived) post about calling Ian Fraser at Motorline Nissan, Tunbridge Wells. The post is from Ebized and dated from October 2010 so was wondering if anyone has been there since and has any praises (or problems) to mention, and knows whether or not Ian is still the guy to get in touch with? Thanks in advance
  17. Welcome to the Forum Commander.
  18. Welcome to the forum.
  19. Welcome to the Forum
  20. Lol, thanks again
×
×
  • Create New...