Ive had both a bmw 123d hatchback and a 350z and im now back driving a bmw 320i m sport plus. I bought my 123d brand new in 2009 and i have to say the engine was awesome. The only reason i sold it was i didnt do the miles to justify a diesel anymore and i regreted not buying the m sport model!!
I loved my zed also but the fuel costs and the depreciation costs were simply getting too much and it was always at the back of my mind that i had no warrenty on the car. But it never put a foot wrong in the year i owned it.
I recently bought a brand new 320i m sport, ok its not the fastest thing in the world but i really, really like it. I can honestly say that the m port suspension and run flats ride great together, ok im no expert, but its no different from the zed or the previous 2 astra vxr's ive owned.
All i can say is its all the car i will ever need. In a perfect world i would love a new 335i m sport coupe, but thats something to aim for in the future. Im glad i owned my zed, i think i traded it in at the right time but i dont really miss it anymore.
Enjoy your new car mate as its probably the best diesel engine on the road! (imo).