+1, yep thats a non GT mate. You should have BOSE on your head unit and also some cruise controls on the right side of your steering wheel if it was a GT.
If there is no cruise control on the steering wheel then its a non GT. If you got it then you have got some seats someone has swapped out. To be fair, I actually prefer cloth seats to leather.
That's interesting, I didn't know the TC involved using breaks or anything as somistifacted as that. Shame cruise control doesn't apply brakes on downhills etc.
Blimey shoves in the brakes as well, like he said, pretty impressive work from the Z TC system doing all of that!
Max torque is about 5000rpm isn't it? I rarely get up that high when driving, maybe only in the instance I described earlier and even then it kicks in way too early. I have driven cars with TC plenty of times, the Zed seems a little too happy to kick in early though in my opinion.
Grover!
Yeah don't get sucked into the trap of thinking its 'okay I can do this bit and that' I did with a few bits on my purchase and it's soooo frustrating spending money repairing when it could be going on some nice cosmetic parts.
If you are going to end up spending £2k on it then I would get a good one to start with and have a good look around.
Im thinking the gtechniq stuff, I hope 15ml will do the wheels once over?
http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/gtechniq/c5-alloy-wheel-armour.aspx?source=google-base&variant=4386
Yeah when are they ready! Love to see em being a fellow Volk'er.
Looking at sealants for my new wheels, I saw you mentioned Finish Kare, how about something like this from amazon?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Swissvax-Autobahn-Wheel-Wax-50ml/dp/B0045J0BKQ/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1307986466&sr=8-18
Or am I over doing it? I know Swissvax are a good brand...
Just very protective of my new wheels now
Yep, wouldn't use it as your only guide, it should be just a clue to the overall opinion to how far gone the clutch is...on mine it was high when it went, changed the clutch and flywheel and its now much lower down.
OK ordered, cheers guys, set of black spline nuts on the way
What is worrying, is that the guy who sold me the wheels also gave me some RAYS wheel nuts in blue, which I think might be aluminium ones...
Crikey didnt like the look of that other thread!
Basically I am after some black wheel nuts that lock, I don't want 16 plus an odd looking locking one from my standard wheels.
Tez, are you talking about something like this?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TPI-BLACK-WHEEL-NUTS-%20-LOCKERS-SUBARU-NISSAN-12x1.25_W0QQitemZ260780281992QQcmdZViewItem
As I went up to the bus stop I saw a heavily pregnant woman stood there.
"Whens it due?" I asked
"Two weeks" she replied with a lovely smile
"Think I'll walk it then" I said and wandered off
Yeah had heard that too...was specifically looking at these...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RAYS-locking-lightweight-wheel-nut-set-lock-P1-25-BLACK-/160599600295?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&hash=item25647b6ca7
Just hunting around for some and someone on here made a quite valid point about aluminium ones being less reliable than steel wheel nuts - any views on this? It makes sense, aluminium certainly isnt as strong as steel, do they shred often or easily?
I would say getting a list of quotes can help when you know the person and the company they are insured with. Certain insurance companies are not interested in certain demographics and I am sure quote highly just to put them off I know when I go to Direct Line the cost of insurance on the same car is often a lot higher than say Admiral. So from a perspective of identifying most commonly the cheaper insurances with certain companies then quoting numbers is useful.
But of course you can do the same on any price comparison website which does the same thing
My Z is insured under the wifes name using Diamond insurance with me as a named driver, about £675 I think. And yes we do both use it, its the only car we have between us, in fact I have the kerbing on my old alloys to prove it.