Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Tarmac would be your man for a Scoprion...
  2. I got one of those boot dividers, very good, they are held in place by some velcro which loops through the catches under the rear strut brace. Defo worth going for I use mine all the time...
  3. Watched Question Time last night, thought Hugh Grant put in a good show. The Tory guy started badly but had the Labour fella over a barrel by the end when it transpired that the legal barriers blocking the Tories from doing what what Labour are calling for now were in fact drawn up in 2006 by Labour who were trying desperately at the time to jump in bed with Murdoch. Again Hugh made a great point, its not about any political party, they are all guilty of it, and during his police investigation they showed that its not just the News of the World but all the trash papers are at it. So expect to see a few more topple over at some point...it just needs a straight copper to do it.
  4. Same everywhere pal, at a punt its a clean up cost of something like £10bn but the country only has £2bn to pay for it all. Am amazed though, a few potholes near me got filled, then they were back again about a week later. Its not cold, not overly hot, why bother spending money on shoddy workmanship.
  5. Is there a search function on here?
  6. aaaaaah wondered why... ...I am on iPhone 3Gs likely to be iPhone 5 in a few months time - anyone had problems with the iPhones working on the Bluetooth, I might invest if they are ok...
  7. If I had bought them I would travel to the north pole to get them fitted, it was scary looking through that thread taking the dashboard to pieces and calibrating the needles
  8. The bad ones, the groaners, are the best
  9. Dont think Fabregas will be a blow to Arsenal to be honest, he didn't play half the season last year, Nasri is miles more important. I think Wenger will know he has to do something this year, he has his hands tied financially I am sure but imagine a big name signing should both or one of them leave. David Villa to Man City? They still have Dzeko who has had time to settle and Balotelli. I think Liverpool have an even bigger problem up front, if they get Suarez injured they are struggling - he is one of the best strikers in the prem. Carroll, hmmm will get a few goals but wont be to a top 4 prolific level, if he stays fit? Liverpool seem to surprise people with the occasional big win but they dont seem consistent enough for my liking.
  10. Saying that, one of the promoted trio usually has a great first season, or at least a great run to Christmas surprising everyone, out of the three QPR have the ability and spending power, depends if they hold onto their key players. Norwich I can see becoming whipping boys. Also, I am thinking we are overplacing Sunderland in the table above, they were on a terrible run of form in the latter parts of the season and they have only invested in Wickham who is inexperienced. Expect Wolves to struggle again as well, they were lucky WHU were just so utterly poor last season to stay up. Liverpool is a strange one, so many CM mind you Poulson is in that list, I wouldn't even class him as a footballer I still think Liverpool will finish outside the top 4...
  11. I went into the bank today to ask for a loan "What do you need the money for sir?" "It's for a car" "Oh very nice, so what are you getting?" "Oh, just some super unleaded"
  12. How are the speed bumps with the drop? What distance did it go down?
  13. http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_For/Nissan/350z.htm
  14. Arsenal HAVE to win something this year, its getting stupid. If they don't dare I say it Arsene might have to think about handing it over to someone else. Big struggle for the clubs coming up, especially for QPR if Taarabat goes. Chelsea are the wild card in my opinion, they could do a treble this year, I think the age of their team showed last year but expect a good three or four big signings. All that said, I am a West Ham fan, I will close the door on the way out...
  15. I promise to behave! Bizarrely enough, and you guys are going to have a field day with this one, I dont think I can make the tunnel run as my wife for a christmas present bought me a spy academy experience and I think she booked it in for the 16th - essentially firing weapons with live ammunition, learning how to disarm people etc etc...let the responses start rolling in...
  16. Service interval something like every 3k isn't it! Yeah its insane, I looked into it all as I nearly bought one before the Z...then I remembered I was 36, married...etc
  17. I think its because the subsidise the cost, although I paid £400 for my PAYG iPhone, would like to see what part of that they are subsidising!
  18. coldel

    40K for this

    Isn't it just all part of the emissions loophole though...each car brand needing to have an average emissions level across its range of cars. No one in their right mind would buy one though...but having it on offer gets Ferrari through that particular piece of legislation.
  19. There is still a racer in me buried somewhere that makes me want to have a Tommi Makinen Evo 6...the running costs though are terrifying
  20. iPhone 3Gs
  21. Actually I am wondering, I bought the phone PAYG from Orange but stuck a Pay Monthly contract sim in it...would it be locked?
  22. Yeah Wave and Buzz were failures they managed to keep pretty quiet. Not a fan of Gmail personally, works for some people though. Think they missed the boat personally on social networking, its so established now, unless they come up with something relevant that is missing from FB or LinkedIn not sure it will make serious inroads. Google works because it has a great search capability and it keeps things simple, that home page is simplistic genius. Problem is when you try to innovate around it you break that simplistic perspecitive - look what happened with Yahoo when it tried to throw numerous services into your face on its search page. Just my opinion.
  23. I am in the process of doing this, I am just finding the whole thing just ridiculous in its concept and surprised that its allowed to happen in the first place. You buy a phone from Orange, they lock it so you cant use it with another network. I am leaving Orange to go sim only after having the phone for two years, but the sim only vodafone option needs the phone unlocked which costs £20.50 from Orange. So, they lock the phone that you buy for yourself which makes it your property, but then they put their little stamp on it to restrict your usage of your property. I understand their business perspective but I find it all just terrible treatment of a customer. Its ridiculous.
  24. In that situation, lanes merge centrally, it needs common sense and a degree of good will for it all to work. I don't think I did anything aggressive and it wasn't as if I came roaring up the inside and pulled out in front of him. For some reason, when he realised that he would have to filter in behind me he drove at me, its just bizarre. His wife was in the car with him and I could see her slapping him after he pulled in behind me and started tail gaiting
×
×
  • Create New...