Many moons ago I was caught doing 99.6mph on a motorway, nearly empty, Sunday afternoon, dry and totally in a dwam! I got fined £600 and had 3 penalty points lumped on me.
I considered myself lucky! You were unbelievably lucky!!
That was in 1996 the day after England beat Scotland in Euro '96, so the date sticks in my mind. A few weeks later, a police car in Aberdeen mounted the kerb, speeding, on a non emergency call and killed two pensioners, the officer that was driving was fined £300 and got 6 points, he didn't even lose his job!!
Moral is, speed can kill, but depending who does the killing or the speeding different outcomes are the norm. You got let off, on another day with another cop, you would have been done and had there been a fatality, you would certainly been sent to jail. Count yourself lucky, twice!