Jump to content

The G Man

Members
  • Posts

    3,415
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by The G Man

  1. I couldnt disagree with you any more on the GT86 or BRZ, Dude, hes driven them, you havent. EDIT: And having driven an RS Megane, I think you might want to try one of them as well before making sweeping statements. I havent driven a tractor i still know its shite.
  2. Well, I've got a G10, seen lots of service, been around, and still works. That'll be a mystery to you, but good to see that the fake Nismo badge is doing it's job
  3. Such a Nismo wannabe, still got that fuel cap thingy?
  4. Didn't know the boy, but I'm toasting him now. Had my fair share of tragic events this year to fully sympathise with his family at this time.
  5. Might as well buy an MX5 then, if we're going to start worrying about not being able to use all the abilities of the car. You can't get anywhere near either the 350 or 370 limits on the road, which kinda makes your point redundant Exactly right, I dont get anywhere near the Zeds limit on the road ( couldnt afford to lose my licence) but then I dont worry about it either cos thats what track days and competing is for. I just like to drive something a little different thats not so popular and thats why we are all different. I didnt buy the Zed for its performance I purchased it because its different to the normal Boxster's, RX7's and the like that litter my way. I think getting near the limit foggy's the debate a little bit, not all of it though. The 370 is a GT car, Grand Tourer, and that's it's strong point. Plenty of grunt on a motorway but more than enough fun on a twisty bit of road. Good boot space for two adults to pack enough for a GT tour of Europe or anywhere really, two or three weeks I'm talking here, the Cayman actually impressed me in this respect but would take a bit more thinking about the packing side. If you were thinking of using whatever car you get as a GT car, stay away from a Cayman R, had a long chat with a fellow at Knockhill the other week re the GT capabilities and he said his back was almost broken and he'd just driven from Edinburgh, so not good then in that sense, superb on a track though he assured.
  6. TG audience's now will be predominately Sun readers/buyers and by the nature of tabloid journalism, they and the others have to be "cutting edge", so as to appeal to the masses. Clarkson has a core audience in his Sun column and probably the Times one as well, mostly appealing to ukip minded, populist policy. This sits well with his attraction to them. What lets them down and those associated with them are the "Hillsborough" stuff ran at the time by the Sun and the Mirror running the British troops abuse of Iraqi soldiers, which turned out to be fabricated. Their kind of journalism will crucify first, anyone, ordinary people mostly, which at it's best is insipid. People still buy them though and I suppose there are those who buy it to read Clarkson and that's the draw. My thoughts on any newspaper is, if it has a section/pull out/resident mystic or anything to do with astrology then it's not worth reading.
  7. On the 370 side for your budget you could almost certainly pick up a pre reg one with Premium Connect, GT spec, a base one is 27k or thereabouts, without the GT pack and smaller wheels etc brand new. GT pack new with a small bit of finance and you also have a bullet proof 3 year warranty and free servicing for three years at the moment. M3 V8 is a stonking good car, but a four year old one? hmm, big money, I'd be constantly worried if anything went bang. Again a Cayman, if you choose that will be older, no warranty and the old shape, but a good car nonetheless. Audi S5? There are that many A5's on the road that a S or even the RS get lost in their commonality. The biggest downside to a 370, as you will be aware, driving a 350, is only two seats, running costs are relatively cheap and for a 3.7l car, mpg is very, very good. Big shout buddy, but try them all then decide.
  8. Just a pity about the driving position and no steering adjustment. Nice car though And the "Space 1999" dash. The digi dash rev counter was brilliant, especially on the track, far easier to read when pushing the limits and easier to glance at than any dialled car i've driven. it had a nice big digital speed readout and a nice big digital rev counter. worked a treat. Love the look of the S2000, and nearly got one as a fun bit of softtop, the dash thing put me off to be honest.
  9. Just a pity about the driving position and no steering adjustment. Nice car though And the "Space 1999" dash.
  10. loverly
  11. The G Man

    370Z Nismo

    Better than Octets 370 :)
  12. The G Man

    No 75

    From the album: 370Z Nismo

  13. The G Man

    Nice 3/4

    From the album: 370Z Nismo

×
×
  • Create New...