Jump to content

HaydnH

Members
  • Posts

    5,184
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HaydnH

  1. I know, I couldn't think of much that had been said already... I was trying to find a "I'll get my coat" smiley but couldn't see 1.
  2. HaydnH

    Great car ad

    A friend of mine got stung by a scorpion in the desert so had one tattooed around the sting mark... sadly it was a he so it's irrelevant in comparison to the above.
  3. Angus when you though you'd seen it all!
  4. it might be possible to shroten the steering column with a bit of engineering, but not sure in the cost involved. or the time it would take. probably looking at a complete dash strip (not so bad in an elise, as there isn't much dash) dismantle the froot and the steering system, cut down the column and then rebuild. I'd need to move it upwards as when I squeeze in to the car my legs rest on the steering wheel so I can't turn it! I guess I could get a smaller after market wheel though.
  5. I reckon the drivers pint of lager probably broke that during the crash.
  6. It's a shame Elise's don't have an adjustable steering column so I could drive them, I quite like them.
  7. I love the way the auction is for the interior mirror only... in the photo that looks broken as well!
  8. If you read the article It was in Australia's Island Magic Enduro 2011 race, so pro's here not amateur track days.
  9. I just saw this Top Gear article, I haven't seen it before so I'm assuming it isn't a repost... but damn that's a small gap!
  10. YAY thank you guys! I'll give it ago from DeadOS (WebOS) at some point.
  11. I'm just down the road from Epsom... I really should get around to attending a meet!
  12. Don't forget they usually contain more than 1 disk. The most important thing about my NAS for me is that I can run it as RAID 1 where both disks automatically contain the same data - so if 1 dies I can just pop in another disk and they'll sync up again without me having to do anything or losing my data (unless 2 disks die at the same time).
  13. Personally, I'm steering clear of the sport. It's the complete opposite of what F1 has been fighting for since the 60's/70's and putting lives at risk purely for financial gain. If anyone missed it, "Grand Prix: The Killer Years" by the Beeb was a great program about the risks of F1 in the old days and how things improved.
  14. I'd consider buying a NAS box instead of an external HDD, google RAID 1.
  15. You might want to post a link to the auction - I can't see it above (or am I being blind?).
  16. Errr just after the guy says "You got that right?"... does the next guy say "My Car!!"??
  17. Not especially un-modified then!?! Walk on mate - buyers market and there are plenty around. +1
  18. I'd contact Nissan and see if they can tell you if it was serviced with them, not sure you'll have much luck though... if I could prove it had the services I'd be happy, otherwise I'd keep looking - there's plenty around!
  19. Sorry to hear your selling up Taras, excellent price, sounds like someone is going to get a bargain.
  20. Oh well, you asked so here's another post with too many photos! I think our family has been really lucky with beautiful pets, I'll start with the 2 cats who are brother's and sisters, the sister is amazingly affectionate and always jumps between peoples laps when they're trying to watch TV! And then there's the brother who I couldn't imagine any real cat being more like Garfield: He's also a thinker: And a damn pretty cat, coming from someone who prefers dog's that says a lot in my book: Sadly Buster has inoperable cancer but he's holding up well at the minute, and for some reason gets on really well with the dogs: And on to the dogs, there's the nut case who always wants to be outside and no matter how much training we give he always does his own thing: Unless it's with another dog in which case he know's he's not the boss: Which lastly brings us on to Taffy, yes he came from Wales like most of the family, who sadly passed last year but was without a doubt the most beautiful dog we've ever owned - you know those pet's that think they're human and are more like a friend than a pet? He surpassed that category by a mile! Even my ex who hated animals loved this dog and changed her whole perception about animals! Seriously she thought Gandalf the Grey actually existed in the form of this dog, so I believe a couple of photo's are allowed in memory of him:
  21. Must not spend bonus... must not spend bonus... MUST NOT SPEND BONUS!!! Seriously, having finished work at 21:45 I don't think I've drunk enough to forget I saw that... sooo tempted!
  22. Cool thanks, is the motordyne xyz pipe fitted already? If so it would be a similar setup to mine (except with motordyne art pipes instead of the berks and no CAI) so should give me a fiarly close idea of what to expect.
  23. My mate had a 1991 one of them, and sold it for 2 grand about 7 years ago! Cracking cars. I had a '93, think I'd aim for a '94+ these days though as the Rev 3 (or was it 4?) looks a bit tidier with some better colour coded parts. I also had a '94 UK NA and a Mk1 Surpercharger (that was an awesome car as well, like a go kart on steroids!).
×
×
  • Create New...