Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. Well I had a 2l SE (2005) and they are a nice looking car but I found it awful to drive, underpowered and very little torque. You had to rev the nuts off it to get anything out of it and it rattled like a bag of bolts in a washing machine. Oh and it was as uneconomical as my Zed.... I didn't like it at all, it was really for Mary as she had always wanted a black coupe and to be fair it was a nice step up from her 1l punto, but whenever I drove it I wished I was in the Leon.... On the plus side I paid £6k for it and a year later traded it in against the Zed for £5,700 at S2004U I am sure your son-in-law will be happy with it, they look lovely (bit like an old Ferarri) but it handles badly and is slow, even the V6 version is barely quicker.
  2. Lots of people slate the blue, it would be nicer a little darker but personally I think a sports car in any light primary colour is
  3. It has USB for a HDD or wireless capability for streaming so I would have thought ideal for a media box
  4. Now that's a bit close to the mark
  5. I think a standard Zed with Rays is better looking yes I am sure if I had spent £6k on wheels and bodykit I would think differently although I think those days are long gone seeing as a lot of Zeds are around that price now anyway
  6. Why is it specific to only those wanting a Subaru......
  7. Seeing as I only passed my test in 2006 I don't have an illustrious car past I am afraid... Day after I passed my test I bought a Mazda 6 2.3l Sport Traded that in a year later for a brand new Seat Leon TDI FR (WHich I still have) Briefly had a Hyundai Coupe Before getting this beauty 2 and a half years ago
  8. Fair play, we all love our cars and it is heartbreaking trading them in or even selling privately.... If you were p/x the car surely you would remove anything of value like very new mats or tonneau etc anyway to make a few £ on here
  9. Very nice, I like the close up of the wheel, it kind of looks like the spokes are gripping the discs
  10. Come on Zugara get this bought you can always trade it in for a 370 ragtop at a later date....
  11. Pictures
  12. After a conversation with Jim the other evening I have registered for one of these when they eventually sort things out and ship them... Anyone else on the list Linky - http://www.raspberrypi.org/ Basically it is a mini unix pc about the size of a matchbox, mainly for programmers but judging by the spec I can't see why you couldn't use it as a multimedia PC, they even have an HDMI output...
  13. Dave, they’re bumper reflectors… Oops should have gone to specsavers Not very 'reflective' now are they Door handles need doing then
  14. Back on permanent nights mate I did try and search for "search + lexx" but apparently the database has it's limits Lexx sees someone else asking a stupid question without searching
  15. If ever that phrase is apt, it is in this thread
  16. I would suggest going about it in this order - 1. Replace fronts with as good component speakers as you can, just make sure of the depth of the speakers and be prepared to have to make mounts if you are doing it yourself. See how it sounds, could make a HUGE difference... 2. Replace rears with decent coaxial speakers ( You can obviously not bother with this if you feel you don't need rears but they do make a difference as they are at lot closer that say the rears in a hatchback etc ) 3. Amp the speakers 4. Change the HU Replacing the speakers is a fairly cheap option and may suffice obviously an amp & new HU is going to be fairly pricey... All down to how much you want to budget for your aural pleasure Best advice is work out a budget first and then stick to it, no point getting £300 speakers that don't make a whole lot of difference then not having the ££ to get the best out of them...
  17. Back on permanent nights mate I did try and search for "search + lexx" but apparently the database has it's limits
  18. Very nicely done if you like that sort of thing Just one question, what happened to the door handles? Someone holding a black one and then they are silver in the pics
  19. Bit ageist Anyway she might have false teeth
  20. That if you type "search button" in the search box and press the button you get 40 pages of topics
  21. You should have reported the 2 Coach drivers..... And followed the woman in the Peugeot
  22. Had to laugh at that post... Can you imagine the Dealer saying "Ooooh it's got overmats and a vertical Tonneau I will have to add £200 to my estimate for that" 12k sounds about right to me too, try webuyanycar if they want to give you more then go for it
×
×
  • Create New...