Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. £450 for labout is a bit steep and not really worth the stamp given the other gaps, have a search for a decent indy garage even if you have to travel a bit it will be worth it I recon
  2. Dunno about the rattling could be exhaust/caf related plenty of bits to rust and get rattly... Where are you roughly, we could recommend someone local who could take a look
  3. £5.5k for a 2004 on 80k is about right, there will always be someone that has had a better deal doesn't mean that is the market benchmark
  4. Maybe a dirty throttle body or maf or both
  5. Wasn't someone selling one recently
  6. Agreed on both counts! Seriously, with car jacking these days, stopping because someone in an unmarked car wants you to, and even if they 'appear' to be wearing a police uniform, is that wise? With no other audible or visual signs that it is police that is risky and if the situation left me with no option I would stay in the car with doors locked and windows shut and have the phone primed to ring 999 on speaker if necessary. Might sound a bit drastic but remember we drive in cars that (so called) joy riders would love to get their hands on if they could. I would only stop if I saw blue lights personally, as in the link if someone was 'chasing' you or trying to force you off the road then drive to a heavily populated place
  7. Would that not be where you were charging it from OTG is not great anyway you need an explorer type app to even access it....
  8. Only stud near my Zed is the one driving it
  9. Yeah but on an incline the CC is pulling to keep you at your set 70, if you are using your foot you can be aware and build up speed slowly before the incline and ease off going up it I don't worry now but when I had to watch the pennies I could always get better mpg with my right foot that with any CC
  10. If it had USB or an SD slot I would have one already
  11. Oh and yes constant speed changes I can drive 100's of miles and hardly use the brakes, that is what makes economical driving, not cruise control
  12. While I fully agree its more economical not to use cruise control, on long journeys its excellent to be able to set it and just sit there at a given speed. But I do agree with others it highlights how shockingly bad others are at speeding up and slowing down constantly! Yeah everyone is different, I just don't like it and only use it if it is a set average speed area... For those saying it is more economical
  13. My missus is a prison officer so drives to work in a white shirt with numbered epilets on and when on occasion she has taken the Zed she says other drivers have 'had a go' to goad her into racing then got alongside and been very sheepish Very interesting reading some of the stuff especially the 'askthepolice' link, it makes sense really not to stop for an unmarked car with a non uniform officer, could be anyone
  14. RIP Mark Such a nice guy with a heart of gold, why always the good guys.... Just noticed Screamers pics of me chatting to Sparky about his lovely red calipers, he loved his sunset and he loved his black edition
  15. Debatable, Depends on your driving style. Exactly, if your not too good use Cruise!
  16. I only use it on average speed areas, it is usually more economical to not use it
  17. spursmaddave

    SpursMadDave

    Just some pics....
  18. I'm not a Mod I'm a Rude Boy...

  19. I tell you I didn't do it, cos I wasn't there, don't blame me it just isn't fair....

  20. So, so you think you can tell heaven from hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil? Do you think you can tell? And did they ask you to trade your heroes for ghosts? Hot ashes for trees? Hot air for a cool breeze? Cold comfort for change? And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? How I wish, how I wish you were here. We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year. Running over the...

×
×
  • Create New...