UFC/mma thread

Michael robinson

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuf final was good don't like bisping but he put his hart in to that fight and won that well .

UFC 140 watching it now on espn and it been good so far won't say anything till later so I don't spoil for people

I watched it this morning, the 2 main events were really good. :D Pretty good card i thought.

I also watched the Shogun/Hendo fight this week from UFC139... WOW!!

I've just stumbled upon this thread... Glad to see there are other UFC/ mma fans out there

I just watched UFC 140 and am in awe how jonny 'bones' jones finished that fight... Brutal! :boxing:

I would recommend any UFC fans to download the ESPN UFC podcast from iTunes... It's a good listen :thumbs: and free :D

I don't bother with strike force or cage rage as much as I should

Strikeforce needs to sort itself out. It's in transition at the moment since the UFC bought it, but they don't really know what to do with it. A lot of fighters have moved over to the UFC, but hopefully they'll sort it out.

I was never a fan of cage rage, yes I used to watch it, but not really into it. They do have Paul Semtex Daley fighting in February for them though (assuming he makes weight, which he likes to not do).

I would recommend you check out Dream from Japan. The fight card for NYE is pretty decent and hopefully this organisation can keep on going (they've been in a lot of financial trouble). And if the fight card doesn't interest you, just watch it for Michael "the voice" Schiavello, who is excellent at the commentary.

If you are interested in MMA, check out my site www.sMMAsh.co.uk

al

Physically can't wait for UFC 141, part of me wants a quick KO but the other part wants a full on battle. The sheer size of Brock/Overeem will test the cage strength, wonder what ref will try to pull these two apart if it finishes on the ground.

I am very interested in mma mate

I have had 3 fights so far and absolutely love it , you a mma reporter ?? Al check out that link .

Event name: UFC 141

Date: December 30, 2011 (Friday)

Venue: MGM Grand Garden Arena

Brock Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem

Donald Cerrone vs. Nate Diaz

Jon Fitch vs. Johny Hendricks

Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Alexander Gustafsson

Nam Phan vs. Jim Hettes

Ross Pearson vs. Junior Assuncao

Ramsey Nijem vs. Anthony Njokuani

Dong Hyun Kim vs. Sean Pierson

Jacob Volkmann vs. Efrain Escudero

Matt Riddle vs. Luis Ramos

Manny Gamburyan vs. Diego Nunes

UFC 141 is a crazy card. Plenty of good fighters and matchups on the card:

All of the below are going to be excellent:

Nam Phan vs. Jim Hettes

I sometimes bet on the fights and do pretty well with my predictions, but I really will struggle with most of these. If Brock can take Overeem down, then it's all over. The big word is "IF". Overeem is a fantastic fighter and a lot of people are writing him off without ever seeing him compete.

Cerrone vs Diaz is fight of the night. Cerrone has been very impressive in the last few outings that I've seen. The Diaz brothers are two of my fave fighters, but I can't see much other than Cerrone on this one.

Good to see a UK fighter in Ross Pearson competing on the card. And Nam Phan who is very entertaining.

This will be very good. Dream (Japanese MMA) is also happening happening New Years Eve as well, so I'm excited about what's coming up.

I'll be getting excited about both events even more in the coming week on my facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Smmash-MM ... 4463090120

al

UFC 141 is a crazy card. Plenty of good fighters and matchups on the card:

All of the below are going to be excellent:

Nam Phan vs. Jim Hettes

I sometimes bet on the fights and do pretty well with my predictions, but I really will struggle with most of these. If Brock can take Overeem down, then it's all over. The big word is "IF". Overeem is a fantastic fighter and a lot of people are writing him off without ever seeing him compete.

Cerrone vs Diaz is fight of the night. Cerrone has been very impressive in the last few outings that I've seen. The Diaz brothers are two of my fave fighters, but I can't see much other than Cerrone on this one.

Good to see a UK fighter in Ross Pearson competing on the card. And Nam Phan who is very entertaining.

This will be very good. Dream (Japanese MMA) is also happening happening New Years Eve as well, so I'm excited about what's coming up.

I'll be getting excited about both events even more in the coming week on my facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Smmash-MM ... 4463090120

al

+1 I think even if lesner gets it to the ground he still hasn't got it sealed as his ground game isn't

brilliant either but he's learning and evolving so will be interesting to see what he has been concentrating on in his training up to this fight .

- Nate is the better of the two brothers I think as he is more composed and tactical compared to nick who is a losse cannon ( sometimes it works in his favour tho ) .

- Ross is very entertaining and likes to stand and bang it out so should defo be a good one to watch .

• 2 weeks later...
What dose everyone think about lesner and overreem's fight ??? And the fact lesners give up to go back to wwe ???

I was disapponted with it (although the card was good... I thought the Cerrone vs Diaz was brilliant - i hate the Diaz boys and wish that Cerrone would have followed up his leg kicks with some ground and pound as i had him winning the 2nd. Also funny seeing Jon Fitch get knocked out quickly too...)

I think for the main event Brock looked scared from the start... he was flinching away and turning his shoulder away from Overeem after just a few seconds of the round... He obviously wasnt mentally in it as he had it all planned out following his loss. I'm disappointed for him.

What's his name ?? How long you doing ?

Iain stenhouse....assume he's just fought fairly locally (north west). I need beating I'm reet unfit! :lol:

Supposed to be doing an hour.....just gym work thankfully but that's scary enough!

:lol: it's not that bad once you get in to it , has he told you what your doing yet?? If not ask him to do abit cross fit / cave man training with you and let me no how you get on :thumbs:

Oops forgot to add if you haven't done cross fit / caveman training before be prepared to take a day off work the next day haha I thought I was fit until they hit me with this type of training I soon realised I wasn't haha

UFC 142 tonight. Here are my predictions:

Featherweight Championship: José Aldo © (win) vs. Chad Mendes

Catchweight (197 lb) bout: Vitor Belfort (win) vs. Anthony Johnson

Middleweight bout: Rousimar Palhares (win) vs. Mike Massenzio

Welterweight bout: Erick Silva (win) vs. Carlo Prater

Lightweight bout: Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim (win)

I've actually put some money on Aldo, Belfort and Palhares to win. Yes, actual cash has been placed on these guys (though I'm up with my UFC bets so far).

Full predictions from me are here:

http://www.smmash.co.uk/1/post/2012/01/ufc-142-aldo-vs-mendes-predictions.html

Just need to now avoid the internet until I get to see all the fights! :boxing:

UFC 142 tonight. Here are my predictions:

Featherweight Championship: José Aldo © (win) vs. Chad Mendes

Catchweight (197 lb) bout: Vitor Belfort (win) vs. Anthony Johnson

Middleweight bout: Rousimar Palhares (win) vs. Mike Massenzio

Welterweight bout: Erick Silva (win) vs. Carlo Prater

Lightweight bout: Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim (win)

I've actually put some money on Aldo, Belfort and Palhares to win. Yes, actual cash has been placed on these guys (though I'm up with my UFC bets so far).

Full predictions from me are here:

http://www.smmash.co.uk/1/post/2012/01/ufc-142-aldo-vs-mendes-predictions.html

Just need to now avoid the internet until I get to see all the fights! :boxing:

+1 on those predictions :thumbs:

Where do u watch the fights? Do you have ESPN or do you have another source?

Used to have ESPN, but cost too much.

ESPN on Virgin is free this month. You NEED to check it out.

I'll source it from somewhere else though normally, Sunday morning. Takes a little while for me to get a good quality version, but it's worth it (there's a definite element of hit and miss). Have it all watched by Sunday evening (normally whilst doing the ironing).

Just about recovered from some luta livre training on Thursday night (it hurt). UFC 142 will get me in the mood for some more :teeth:

Belfort vs Johnson is gonna be good. After the controversy at the weigh-ins and with Belfort in front of the Brazil crowd, it's gonna be explosive.

I think we should have at least a one day amnesty from discussing events so not to spoil it for people who haven't seen an event and don't want to know the result lol

Makes no odds to me as i genrally like to know the result right away but others may not... And We all hate spoilers right?? haha :lol: