Only got 42 litres in??

Rob350

My fuel gauge was just under the last quarter, DTE said 55 miles, I filled till the fuel pump clicked and there was only 42 litres on the pump... I thought Zeds had 80 litres capacity???

Let's say I could get another 5 litres in if I pulled the nozil out a bit, let's also say there were 10 to 15 litres still in there before I filled up, where's the other 20 litres???

My mpg has been saying 26.4 now for at least week an iv been doing a little bit of fast driving, and the rest all 30 to 40 mph limits through large villages with a little bit of traffic,

My mpg doesn't seem to be changing with the way I'm driving at the time over the space of a few miles

I'm confused guys

Think fuel tank sender is a common fault

With regards to the mpg it's an average over the trip so can take a while to change that average depending when you last reset. For some owners that might be thousands of miles so a 2-3 mile blast won't effect it at all really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the gauge is not throwing a wobbly then it will be dirty electrics on the sender units which are inside the tank, however you can get access to them from behind the seats. :thumbs:

Remember and replace the large O rings. ;)

Cheers guys, if just found someone's very detailed walkthrough guide with pics off this forum, might attempt it in the near future.

So roughly how many miles should i get off a full tank? When the petrol station pump clicks off.

I know its hard to say, but i don't do any motorway driving, its all small town/large village driving,

im going to eco drive this full tank of fuel and see how Manny miles i get till near empty, and probably keep going past if say I'm getting 200 full to empty but should be getting 300.

Remember and replace the large O rings. ;)

Definitely this.

when I had my fuel pump uprated the O ring wasn't changed. There was a tiny nick in it and it made the cabin reek of fuel. Especially with the window down. Vacuum pulling the vapours out.