A Thread got Deleted/Vanished whilst I was replying..

This was me! I was just looking for it again.

Apologies if I broke any rules, I was just trying to find out what the car might be worth

Edit. If you can tell me what's needed to be done to make the question acceptable for the forum that would be appriciated

Edited by simmo310890

Okay, thought that might of been the case,

They frown upon what it's worth threads.

However I feel this thread could of been made an exception?

Most threads can just be pointed to Autotrader, Pistonheads etc to get an indication of pricing based on age/mileage etc.

But this one has a potential issue with the car. So he's not going to get a price looking around as it's a pretty unique sale.

What my reply was - How long into ownership did the problem occur?

But sadly to say with an Unknown engine issue, no MOT and (not high, but high ish) mileage, You're looking at around £3k (That's just my imo, tallying up labour and part costs to get it up and running, that's if it flys through MOT)

Appriciate the reply, thank you. I understand the dislike of the bog standard what's my car worth threads as I clutters the forum massively but as you said this was a little different.

The engine issue occured 2.5years into owning it. Car has done under 12k in that time, serviced correctly and always run on v power etc etc.

The price you saying is about what I thought really, this gives someone with the skills to sort the car some room to play with. Again, thanks for the reply.

If one of the members of staff could clarify if the thread could be allowed that would be great. If you feel the need to disable my pm ability so I don't try using the thread as a for sale post then this is fine

Thanks

Whats it worth threads are always tricky. Historically in many cases they end up resulting in a sale and thereby circumvent the sales T&C, as a result the Team have a policy of locking them.

In this case if the emphasis had been different, asking for help / advice regarding the repair, the potential cost and the impact on value then it would likely have been approved. I suggest you raise a separate thread on the issue with this emphasis and you should be fine

• Like 2

Whats it worth threads are always tricky. Historically in many cases they end up resulting in a sale and thereby circumvent the sales T&C, as a result the Team have a policy of locking them.

In this case if the emphasis had been different, asking for help / advice regarding the repair, the potential cost and the impact on value then it would likely have been approved. I suggest you raise a separate thread on the issue with this emphasis and you should be fine

Thanks Will, as I'm usually the first to jump on the bandwagon and tell people to go look on Autotrader to get a value :lol:

As Will says Simmo,

Maybe pop open a new thread listing the issues wrong, and symptoms. This could help someone diagnose the problem for you - Thus allowing you to price accordingly - I.e. someone may say head gaskets gone, or needs new engine, something needs cleaning etc.