SXOC Weekender - Rockingham OPL on a Saturday for £175 with food, drink and entertainment?!!

docwra

As some will know Im the bossman at SXOC (Nissan 200SX Owners) and every year we put on a big weekend event at a track somewhere - last year we did Snetterton, the year before was Anglesey which a few 350Z members came along too and had a great time by all accounts. :D

This year we have gone even bigger and have booked Rockingham near Corby, the UK's only banked circuit and Im here to see whether any of you lot fancy it B)

In short, heres the deal:

Exclusive access to Rockingham on Saturday 22nd August on International layouts so at least 1, if not 2 corners of banking included Totally Open Pitlane day from 0900 to 1800

Free on site camping for 21, 22, and 23 August with toilets, showers and electric hookups

Free food - dinner on Friday, cooked breakfast and a hog roast on Saturday and a barbie on Sunday

The legendary SXOC entertainment - free shot bar, professional DJ, quiz, dancing girls, male strippers, free gold bullion for each attendee*

The similarly legendary SXOC charity raffle - £1000's of prizes (top 2 last year were a Go Pro Hero3+ and 50% off a set of Rotas) all for a good cause

Slightly childish "Its a Knockout" style games involving girls and boys in bikinis B)

Live feed for British Drift Championship final round so you can stand around telling everyone how you'd have done it better

Drinking - no matter how bad you get, you will not be the drunkest/most embarrassing/most incapable there by a long shot, trust me :lol:

I know what youre thinking, youre thinking "But Doc, a Rockingham OPL on a Saturday in March, never mind August is over £200, I could never afford this badboy" ......... well thats where you are wrong Mister (Miss), as we are offering all of the above for the amazing price of £175 :scare: :scare: :scare:

Yes, you read it right, £175 for all of the above at one of Europes premier circuits in the middle of August, spectators can come for free but if youre bringing your other half or a mate for the weekend its another £30 to cover food and camping and stuff.

Im a fool to myself, I really am, mind your head as these prices are LOW.

Other good stuff:

This is a members club trackday, so people know each other and the standard of driving and politeness is absolutrly impeccable, its ideal for your first time out or if just want to see what a proper nice trackday is like - we have only offered it to MXNutz and you guys outside of the club as we dont want dickheads turning up

We arent about racing each other - last year we had a Fiat Panda, a Mercedes ML430 and a 1990'2 Jag XJ6 on track, its open to allcomers

105dB noise limit

Spectating on whatever is happening on Sunday and pointing out how we were faster

Some serious machinery to watch go past you really fast

Chance to meet me ;)

Seriously, this is an excellent event thats made by the people who come, if you can stay around for the festivities youll definitely see that, if not youre still getting a bargain trackday at one of Europes best circuits.

If you have any Q's then fire away, for booking or any more information the SXOC thread can be found here: http://www.sxoc.com/...ng-Thread/page1

* last 3 subject to availability :teeth:

I went to the Anglesey meet, had a great time, they're a good bunch of people - I still have the Tee shirt ! :teeth:

Only thing is they seem to like driving sideways . . . . . . . :wacko:

Would love to come, need to check the diary.

IMG_5679_zps2c8a3aed.jpg

IMG_5642_zpsf7d710d0.jpg

Edited by ianphampton
  • Like 1

Cheers guys, obviously we try to just break even on the event, and we need to make sure we give something back to our members while keeping the cost down as much as we can.

I forgot to mention that price includes a years membership to the SXOC which opens up discounts from a lot of part/insurance/etc. suppliers, if any of you can make it Im sure you wont regret it :)

It takes a lot of money, and a lot of faith you are going to sell enough tickets, and a fair amount of organising behind the scenes but they are so much fun it makes it all worthwhile.

TBH if we are going to do something next year Id almost certainly be looking for another club to partner up with, can you think of any that might be suitable? ;)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

We still have tickets left for this, get involved! :teeth:

Highlights this year will (hopefully) include a certain GTR engined BDC car doing grip, the Puman Centipede (6 identical Ford Pumas, you work out the rest) and a rather special Lambo as well ......... ;)