350 Water temp issue

redheadordead

Hi all, I have the Skyline 350GT, same engine as the Z with an issue that nobody appears to know how to resolve

The water temp shoots up if i maintain over 2500 revs for more than 15 min, ie motorway driving, if i then put the cabin heat on the temp will come back to normal no matter how quick i go, turn the heat off and it rises again

So far car has had new thermostat, water pump checked and all fine, system pressure checked, all ok, sniffer test ok, burped, ok, HG checked and all ok, anything i missed?

All help much appreciated - the guys on the skyline forum are helping as well

Given what you have done and if no water loss - partially blocked rad/collasped pipe/air in the system? If you have found the fans are coming on OK to deal with the temperatures when stationary/slow moving traffic it kinda says the water ain't going round as it should. :shrug:

• Like 1

Have you released the little plastic screw valve near the bulkhead to check for any /clear air locks that might be there. I had a similar issue a few weeks back. Give all the pipes a good squeeze whilst the car is running. Mind you don't lose your fingers on the belts though.

Cheers guys, yes the fans are all checked and kicking in nicely, i have suggested a blocked radiator and this is my next route i guess, "little plastic screw valve near the bulkhead" can yoube a little more specific as to where this is? Sorry not technical...Cheers for the advice so far