Advisory note on P3 service - nsf lower tie arm de-bonded

CPhillips93

So today I had a P3 service done on the Zed.

One of the two advisory notes on the visual healthcheck was NSF lower suspension tie arm de-bonded (the other was rear exhaust blow, great excuse for a new one :p)

I have tried the searching on here and on Google, but I can't seem to get a definitive answer... can somebody help please? What part should I be looking for? And is it a job that I can do in the garage?

Nissan have quoted £385.42 but I am hoping that it isn't quite that much :dry:

Any help would be appreciated!

Sounds like the bush has split on the tie rod, easy enough to change yourself but will need tracking. Can you whip the wheel of and have a look to see the damage yourself? Maybe post a picture so we can confirm which part it actually is.

Edited by Jp606

Sounds like the bush has split on the tie rod, easy enough to change yourself but will need tracking. Can you whip the wheel of and have a look to see the damage yourself? Maybe post a picture so we can confirm which part it actually is.

Ah that's cool, was planning on getting the car tracked shortly anyways! I should be able to, won't be till next weekend now or possibly Thursday :/

The Nissan guys did say that they would send over a video but haven't received that just yet. I will try and get some time to get the wheel off and hopefully get a photo!

Ok just watched the vid , as regards to the suspension, that's the all common banana arm bush failure. Same happened to mine and I had the superpro bushes fitted at around £160 for the bushes plus a couple of hours labour to fit them. Alternatively you could get the OEM bushes for around £50 or if the ball joint has also failed on the arm a complete new banana arm is about £250. With the exhaust you could get that sleeved or if like me I found it the perfect excuse to get a stainless system.

I'd avoid Nissan for theses repairs and use an Indy , where abouts are you ?

Edited by SHEZZA