Car now throwing slip light on with hard throtle

nissanman312

High guys I've had the bumper of today and installed the bigger cooler on the crash bar

On hard excellaration the car is throwing up the traction slip light and it stays on

My handbrake light also flashes and brake fluid is slightly below max hoping a top up sorts it but could the slip light be related

Have I disturbed somthing???

Edited by nissanman312

This is spooky!!! TOO SPOOKY! Mine did this today, I overtook in the wet but still being a bit sensible as I've got Bridgestones. My slip light came on and stayed on, I stopped a bit then restarted and then it went off. Now when changing gear from hard revs the brake light flashes once. I read earlier that it could be brake pads and if they are low a lot of the brake fluid stays in the caliper (or something along those lines) which then causes the sensor to think the brake fluid is low.

Makes me wonder if it is brake pads as that would explain why the ESP slip light stayed on, I think the manual says this as well. My brakes feel great otherwise and my hill hold is still holding. I'll check my levels tomorrow.

If it's not pads then I'm a bit concerned having to top up the brake fluid as I've never had to do this on any of my old cars incl. 350z.

Edited by NWZ

Here - I put money on our problem being brake pads, I think the dealer said my rears had 5k on them when I bought 3 months ago so at least they were honest. And if it is pads then you shouldn't top up the fluid as it will overflow when the pads are replaced.

http://www.the370z.com/brakes-suspension/52029-have-problem-brake-light-traction-light-comes.html

My handbrake light came on under hard acceleration and it was due to the brake pads getting low

How come Will, there are no sensors for brake wear, just a piece of metal that scrapes the surface of the disc and makes a noise to tell you the pad is worn.

Do you think it's just that the brake fluid level switch has been operated?

Rich

I'm not techy but was told by sly at kaizer motors that as the pads wear there's greater gap for the brake fluid to fill, during acceleration the fluid drops to fill this extra space triggering the light.

Googling shows its a common indicator of pads wearing. New pads installed and lights never came on again.

This is what I read a well, and they also advise not to top up fluid. My fluid seems fine by the way so I reckon it's my pads. It's not really clear in the manual however.

I'm not techy but was told by sly at kaizer motors that as the pads wear there's greater gap for the brake fluid to fill, during acceleration the fluid drops to fill this extra space triggering the light.

Googling shows its a common indicator of pads wearing. New pads installed and lights never came on again.

This is indeed the case- topping up the fluid is just a short term fix as the pads will be close to the end once this starts happening.

New pads time I'm afraid! Tcs will also flicker on and then stay on as of course the car is unable to control braking individual wheels as there is not enough fluid to push the pads all the way to the disc- hence a Tcs 'error'.

Ps the reason youay be advised not to top up fluid is because once new pads are fitted you will have too MUCH fluid and this would need to be carefully removed- a faff but perfectly possible and if you're changing fluid anyway then won't make a lot of difference.

Edited by Siman350z

OK guys I can also confirm it is pads. I ordered a full set from eBay from a Nissan dealer (think I paid £120 all round) - they are the oem akebona one's. Great service as they came with replacement pins and a small sachet of copper grease. Had the rears replaced as they were really low. The fronts are fine so they were left. No fluid replaced or topped up and now the brake light doesnt flash when accelerating hard..job done!

Sticky time for this thread mods?

Edited by NWZ
  • Like 1