Number plate mounting loose :(

JimmyJam75

Hi all !!

Just a quick question hopefully...

I've got a loose plate mounting on the front of the Z... I re-tightened the bolt that holds the mouting to the body work but I suspect that it threads directly into the bodywork (or maybe a bit of plastic behind it somewhere) but its still a bit loose..

Has anyone else had an issue like this? (i'm not bothered about sticking the plate directly to the bodywork; I would just like to secure the mount properly).

Thanks guys & gals!

Jim

:)

I seem to recall a number of members, Sarnie being one of them, stuck their number plate straight onto the bodywork.

I stuck my number plate on too, theres pics on here if you search. Works a treat and makes the front look ever so slightly better.

My jdm plate was screwed toa bracket and it was teh bracket that was stuck to the car, im not sure if its the same with UK cars but just unscrew it and have a look, cant do no harm unless your ham fisted.

the mounting plate is held on by two plastic nuts and bolts that thread through the front bumper, maybe the threads are knackered, you cant access the rear nuts without removing the bumper

you could try undoing it and the stick the mounting plate on using 3m number plate tape

You could try putting thread lock on the screw before tightening it.

i think once you undo it , its unlikely you would get it back in as there isnt anything holding the nut inside the bumper and if the bumpers off you may aswell use a new nut and bolt

i put some clear reflectors in the other day and nipped mine up while i had the bunper off