farecla g3 by hand gone to far?

popeacute

had half dozen scratches on zed. Got some farecla g3 and firm foam pad, and started working the scratches by hand. After about a minute of back and fourth up and down, the scratches weren't visible all good when you step back. Then there was this one scratch, same as before a just over a minute working it not visible when standing back. But when i put my eye along the paint work, i could still see the wavy line 2 inches long. So i worked it a bit more, and noticed the scratch beginning to go, worked it some and voilà totally gone, stepped back and noticed there is now a dull shadowing area 2 inches by and inch where the scratch was. You can only see it from certain angles, but its there. What do i do now? can i get another product to bring it back? or is too far gone and i need to get it to the paint shop?

Edited by popeacute

Depends what G3 product you were using.

ie: If you were using Farecla G3 Ultra abrasive compound then this should be followed with G3 fine refinishing compound and then finally G3 finish gloss enhancer.

However, I would now just try a good quality polish on the area that you are referring to.

Alex. :)

• Like 1

Try polish it up, might bring it back a bit. Unless as above, you totally gone through the lacquer

Yep. It could be that the G3 has just dulled the lacquer, rather like a very fine grit sand paper would. If so, you should be able bring the shine back with a polish, but if that doesn't work you've gone too far and you'll need to get a body shop to sort it.

• Like 1