Essential mods

shad0wca7

Well my 2003 GT is still going strong but it's getting to the age where I decide to either get rid of it or keep it and live with the fact that many things / bushings etc need to be replaced around now. I love the car so I'll be keeping it.. But I'm wondering what people consider essential mods?

So far I have:

Wheel spacers (I'd consider these essential)

Nismo Exhaust (lucky enough to have this on the car when I bought it)

Rear parking sensors (dealer fitted when it was new - definitely consider these essential too)

Stubby antenna

I think that's just about it - what else do people consider 'defacto'?

It depends on how far you want to go with it.

I started with small things, then slightly bigger things like splitters then you end up with a fully respray and body kit :lol:

If you are staying fairly standard, then Zunsport front grill, little bit lower and debadge the 350z at the back as it makes the ass look fatter.

Also depends on your goals, ...like are you just about looks or do you ultimately want some more performance? or both of course.

If it's looks then hensh above has covered some of it.

If it's performance then you're gonna be looking at; plenum spacer, HFC's or De-Cats, performance panel filter (possibly intake kit if you want some more engine bay bling), UpRev (remap) and that's about as far as you can go N/a without starting to spend some big bucks on things like engine rebuilds, cams, chargers etc.

Also worth considering uprated brake components & suspension components to help with the performance side of things and better tyres can help too especially if you're running ditch finders. :thumbs:

Performance is probably of interest right now; looks-wise I'm pretty happy with almost stock

Then you're looking at...

It's also worth noting that if you want the car to go faster & perform better then tyres, brakes and some good suspension mods shouldn't be over looked. Another thing is weight reduction which if you don't mind losing a few interior parts or splashing out on light weight alloys etc that'll make the Zed quicker. ;)