Simpleton trying to upgrade to android Head unit

scobie140

Yep that was the problem, I assumed it would have all ready been wired into the harness. Just spliced it onto the blue wire in the harness. Still no joy with the camera though. Checked the settings and it's switched on in the settings it just doesn't do anything once in reverse. Checked the wires countless times all seems right, think I'll need to get a sparky to have a look at it next time I'm home.

Happy days!!

Just took it for a drive for the 1st time to drop it off to get the spoiler sorted since someone decided to bottle it Sunday night. Found the solution! The green and silver wire is the indicator lol. Was positive the guide said green and silver. A few roundabouts and it quickly made sense why the music kept cutting in and out. Should be an easy fix now once I'm back in a fortnight.

What colour is the reverse then?

Edited by scobie140

Haha just re read the guide again and it says pale green with silver band, so green and silver is been stuck in my head. The silver band threw me off. Atleast I got there in the end. Hopefully this will help anyone else struggling to install these in the future.

2 days to wire up a cd player and camera! I did all 4 springs, front and rear arb's and drop links in about 4-5 hours lol.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...