headlight washers mandatory?

Garyt350z

Here in NI they are an MOT requirement, whereas on the mainland they are only required to work if they are fitted. Subtle different but makes a big difference. However, when I fitted the V2 I never bothered with the washers and it got through the MOT, they did ask about them, though, in a roundabout way.

If headlight washers are present then they must function to pass an MOT. If there are no headlight washers present to be tested, they cannot fail. They dont record which cars should/shouldnt have them :)

If headlight washers are present then they must function to pass an MOT. If there are no headlight washers present to be tested, they cannot fail. They dont record which cars should/shouldnt have them :)

Spot on :thumbs: Myheadlight washer was removed to fit a Vortech S/C no problems with the Mot last week.

Correct to a certain point. If a car has a part fitted it should work correctly

Any car fitted with hid headlights are meant to by law have headlamp washer jets. The truth behind it though is that it would take quite an anal / vigilant MOT station to fail you on it.

Most people use their regular garage to do their tests and most wouldn't have any issues. I won't be fitting them when I change the bumper

Ooooo u have a V2? Any photos? Ur cars black too isn't it? I dunno what to do, get a V1 from RT performance that has the gap and brackets for the washers or wing it with a V2 :S

Yup was black, it's long gone now but :(

BFB79848-43B6-44A2-879E-A8031249C40D.jpg

_DSC0261.jpg

It's a hard choice because there is risk with the V2. As I said before, it different here in NI compared to what these guys are saying, but if the tester isn't being a knob, you'll probably get away with it.

Edited by KyleR