Which coilovers? Hsd users

p34nut

Hey people,

Ok so I'm looking at hsd coilovers for my zed at the end of the month, the ones that take my fancy are the hsd's. My thing is that I'm not sure which to get the dualtech or the monopro

I'm mainly going to be using these on the road, may fit in the odd once in a blue moon track day so comfort and look will be more important than a million ways to adjust

Just wanted to hear from those that have used these before. What can you tell me about your experience with them?

I have had the monopros on mine for the last three and a half years and absolutely love them. When I bought them this was the only set HSD made so I didn't have the choice saying that tho you do usually get what you pay for. The only thing that worries me with the cheaper HSD's is that the materials used might not be as good and I dout the corrosion protection is as good on the cheaper ones and that's something I would not want to skimp on.

Edited by Pete87

Hey people,

Ok so I'm looking at hsd coilovers for my zed at the end of the month, the ones that take my fancy are the hsd's. My thing is that I'm not sure which to get the dualtech or the monopro

I'm mainly going to be using these on the road, may fit in the odd once in a blue moon track day so comfort and look will be more important than a million ways to adjust

Just wanted to hear from those that have used these before. What can you tell me about your experience with them?

Dueltech are the preferred as the spring and shock are separate. Do a little search and you ill see a few posts complaining about the need to strengthen the rear top mounts to accommodate the separate shock.

My thing is I haven't seen or heard anything with yours. I do know of quite a few cars that have hsd's and I've seen that you can drop the zed down real low on them. Also the hsd's are almost £100 cheaper

I do look at your parts for sale, but for this the hsd's will suit me better

Hey people,

Dueltech are the preferred as the spring and shock are separate. Do a little search and you ill see a few posts complaining about the need to strengthen the rear top mounts to accommodate the separate shock.

Thanks Grundy, that's all the confirmation I need. Glad I asked now and proves more expensive isn't alway better

• 2 months later...

Can give a thumbs up for the dual techs that I had fitted on my Impreza, in comparison to BC BR's anyway.

For road they were great, only down side was a little wallow when pushing but that may vary between models with spring rates etc.

So I'm my view they were definitely as good as / in ways better, than the BC's and cost less.