anyone ever fitted a aftermarket head unit????

shire350Z

if so do you need to alter all the wiring??? heard u just cant buy an adapter due to the bose amp!!!

plus how easy is it to get to rear speakers what panels do u have to remove and how do ya take door cards off????

any1 got a old factory head unit they wanna sell????

cheers all

I have a standard head unit (non-bose) that can be available.

To take the doors off depends on which side.

Passenger:

Take the silver metal look plastic strip out and there will be one bolt (10mm socket) recessed at the top of the handle then 3 further bolts that should be visable once the whole handle is off that run along the length of the door. There is also one nut or screw (I forget which) that is behind the door pull. Pull the door opener out as if you were opening the door then remove the piece of plastic at the back and the nut/screw is at the back.

Drivers:

Pretty much similar apart from there is no silver handle piece.

Once the bolts are all off it is a case of simply pulling the door card from the bottom until the clips come out. Work round the door then lift up once all the clips are off. You will then have to unclip the two pieces of flexible metal that are attached. Simple enough, they are to do with the door locking and simply lift up and out...will be obvious when you see it.

Sorry if it's a bit of a rushed explanation but i'm off out so have limited time!

Have a search for the Bose headunit compatability as there are a few threads about it on here already. :thumbs:

The rear speakers are a bit involved and you have to remove a few panels...i'll stick it up later tonight if I get the chance :thumbs:

Mine is the black one. Ive still got the standard speakers, not sure about the Sat Nav & I removed my bluetooth adaptor - Its hard to have a conversation in the car nevermind on the phone due to the exhaust :teeth:

Original

100_0672Medium.jpg

Alpine Unit

100_0950Medium.jpg

Collection of goodies

100_0949Medium.jpg

You will need to order the following parts

Pac ROEM kit

Micra 76-4 Harness

Fascia Surround

You will also need an aerial adaptor depending on your headunit - these are available from halfords for £5

Installation is straight forward - splice the coloured cable on the ROEM kit into the same colour cable on the headunit.

It took me about 4/5 hrs to do it over 2 days - most of that was trying to get the BOSE out & trying to fit all the new stuff in though.

I think thats about it - I should have taken photos while doing it, I could have done a proper guide then.

:thumbs: