pros and cons of removing aircon?

Garyt350z

It only leeches some power when it's on I imagine.

Just fix it, you'll be punching yourself in the face during the times when you want it.

I always sling my one on throughout the week to ensure it's being used, I think they can go stinky if not used (?).

All of the above are correct for maintenance of a healthy system.

The condenser is the come problem because the main fan is on the driver side and it sucks in all kinds of muck especially plant materials into the area where the condenser is and soon you have a nest of rotting plant matter leaching chemicals onto the vulnerable pipe from the condenser to the rad. It then corrodes and cracks. I was shocked how much material was bidding in there out from view. I filled the AC 3x with dye testing and the leak was no obvious until I bought uv glasses and did a meticulous search at home in the night and found only a small evidence of leak from the condenser area after I had taken the bumper off!

The only way to prevent would be to be to remove the bumper and front support assembly to thoroughly clean the rad/condenser recesses every early winter!! It's too tedious to even contemplate so I guess just its replace the rad when it fails and not be stung by garages. The eBay aftermarket ones eg Nilsens fit well and way cheaper than the stealers!!!.

• Like 1