electrical problems

bencider

Sounds like there maybe a problem with the EPDM module located behind the battery under the scuttle panel.

Normally things would just stop working, so I suspect you could have water in there shorting things out.

That would be my first port of call as it controls all the items you describe.

There is a test you can do that runs through all the functions which can be found in the workshop manual, Google and I think I did a post about it here a few years back so worth a search.

I would have a look for signs of moisture in there first, as if thing are shorting out and you keep functioning them you could do further damage.

Edited by Sam Mcgoo

Can't get a auto test running either, drivers door open , press door switch 10 times.. ign off then back on again.. test should run ? But it don't...

does one think this is still a ipdm fault. ??

I have a melon on the drive right now for first time in many years .. if I get a used ipdm will the same thing happen again/

I may ask on here if anyone has a know working one , do they just fail or would there be a reason to it?

Edited by bencider

• 2 weeks later...

So a used ipdm solved the issue... Now my exhaust snapped at back box....

Is this any good 160970341176

or 191570901859

Trying to find a half decent exhaust for about 300.. want resonated cos I like that vibro sound..

Glad to hear that your IPDM issue is now sorted, and hope that you fixed the water ingress issue.

For future similar issues for other forum members, I currently hold stock of circa 6 IPDM complete modules priced at £100.00 each.,

Alex. :)

Lol yes sorry that's a thanks..

No water was near it , just went screwy

The numbers were for ebay lol.. I'm so useless ..

Yea the pipe has broken where it connects to the back box system, looks like it's been bodged before and don't look weldable

• 3 weeks later...

I understand what you saying it is..

No water was Any where near the Unit.

Perfectly fine one day then today.. the fault is identical to not random ..

Wipers on start car wipers on full speed, indicate left full beams on indicate right light washers come on