Uprev vs non-uprev?

p34nut

Ok so I know there's bound to be stacks of people that have spoken about this before but I just wanted a kind of quick breakdown and a couple of opinions.

Ok so I'm looking at a couple zeds today:

-276 gt pack coupe (I think that's correct) it's just a base UK model

And

-296 Rev-up gt4 coupe

Now I've stumbled across a couple topics about this before but all I can seem to remember is that you get an extra 500rpm....

So to my questions:

Apart from the few extra bhp (which to be honest can change in any car over a few years) is the 500rpm from the engine all the difference is?

Is there any difference as to the aftermarket parts I could fit to each?

If it were you would you (forgetting any other difference in cars other than the engine) would you spend out more on the Rev-up? If indeed that's what you were to pick?

Edited by p34nut

Hi mate, firstly you don't want to confuse Uprev with Rev-up model. Uprev is the remap software used on the zed. Rev-up are the later DE models :thumbs:

From what I know, there isn't any difference in parts to fit them, this only happened after 2006 with the facelift models and then different engine mods for the HR model compared to the DE

I'm sure someone here will be able to correct me but is the rev-up which had the extra torque?

Revup, Uprev is tuning software, confusing I know.

I wouldn't bother with the 2005 GT4 model, unless it's near the same price as another 2005. If it was a 2006 Revup it would be a different story because there are additional changes to the car other than just the engine.

As for parts for the GT4, the only difference will be for a plenum spacer, I think you also need to buy a MREV2 lower plenum to go with it. Induction kits and exhaust components are all the same.

GT4 is a pointless car unless you want yellow. Far too high a premium.

Revup has the better interior, which is worth the entry fee alone. The 500rpm makes more of a difference to the drive than you think, far more than the extra 20bhp does. 99% of performance bits are swappable between the De and Revup.

Some Revup cars can use a bit of oil, but these days the ones that do have already bust an engine so it's not something I'd hugely worry about. Just as many DE cars going pop because they've been run on 95RON as Revup cars burning oil.

So yeah, either stick with the DE cars to save the cash or get a proper Revup. :)

Edited by Ekona

Thanks for the info people, handy to know

It was my mistake, I did mean Rev-up. This advert states a rev up engine is fitted, is this correct for a gt4?

(it won't let me post a picture so here's the link)

http://www.tradelinkcars.co.uk/used-cars/nissan-350-z-3-5-v6-grand-turismo-4-2dr-railway-terrace-201504212800912

The other car I'm looking at today is this one

http://www.tradelinkcars.co.uk/used-cars/nissan-350-z-3-5-v6-2dr-railway-terrace-201504222836131

Edited by p34nut