Scorpion back box

fergie1471

Im looking into a scorpion back box for the Z as from what I here they are nice and quiet on long motorway drives and low revs. I was just wondering, when you give it some beans is it alot louder than the OEM system?

Im doing a tunnel run through the alps in august and a girl Im seeing lives just the other side of the tyne tunnel to me so I get to blast through alot so i want to make sure its nice and loud when I want it to be and not just a little bit louder than the OEM I have now. I know I can put the Y pipe in if I need to but will I actually need to?

I have the scorpion back box on mine with the rest of the exhaust OEM and it sounds good. Like you say its nice and quite when you want it to be but you put your foot down it does come to life. However, I wouldn't say its very loud. It is louder than OEM but compared to some of the other zed exhausts I have heard I would consider it still quite quiet. Maybe with an aftermarket Y pipe it will be louder.

I dont want it mega loud. Just louder than standard and loud enough to sound good blasting though tunnels as the OEM doesn't really give you that excited feeling when you drive it an doesn't bounce of the walls of tunnels. Iv listened to youtube videos but even the OEM pipe sounds loud on there. I need to here one in the flesh I suppose

I dont want it mega loud. Just louder than standard and loud enough to sound good blasting though tunnels as the OEM doesn't really give you that excited feeling when you drive it an doesn't bounce of the walls of tunnels.

Just what I have, Japspeed Y pipe and Scorpion back box

Where abouts are you? I am in Colchester if you want to listen

I have the scorpion back box and i think the balance is just right. Give it some beanz and thd 350z orchestra comes to life. I did not want anything to loud as i have awful memories of driving to london in a friends car, 1275gt mini with big bore exhaust, my head is still resonating now :angry:

Edited by djb55

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the scorpion on mine, came fitted from the previous owner. My first impression was I thought it was a little quiet compared to the Miltek I had fitted to my previous Zed.

Since then I've fitted decats and a Y-pipe from Tarmac sportz. It now, in my opinion sounds a lot better. Still not over the top driving 'normally'. But loud enough when you want it to be.

I live in Harwich, If your local I'd be more than happy to take you out so you can have a listen for yourself.

If you do decide to go for the scorpion, I may be able to get you one for a good price as a friend bought one but then sold his zed a week later so didn't even fit it!

I dont want it mega loud. Just louder than standard and loud enough to sound good blasting though tunnels as the OEM doesn't really give you that excited feeling when you drive it an doesn't bounce of the walls of tunnels.

Just what I have, Japspeed Y pipe and Scorpion back box

Where abouts are you? I am in Colchester if you want to listen

Hi fella I wouldnt mind having a listen if you are free sometime I am in Ipswich so not far at all, I regularly come to Colchester too.

Nick

Having a nighmare with this. Twice I ordered the scorpion box (UK version) off 2 different sites that said they had them in stock and then acually never once id already paid and had to wait for a refund. Now I ordered the newer style scorpion and it came fully packaged up. I took it to a garage to get fitted and they took my old one off and started putting the box on without checking if all the parts were there first. Would you believe it, scorpion forgot to put the back pipe section in the box. Now Im without the car for the weekend while scorpion send me the part they didnt put in the first time. Wonder what next....

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...