Zed back with the new light fly

dannybz

So I've just got my zed back from my mechanic, he's fitted the new excedy clutch and light fly (from clarks motorsport), and i must admit it does seems to pickup quicker and feels pretty good but i can definitely notice the chatter a lot. Especially when idle it seems to rattle slightly, that's normal i assume? and it does sound like it grinds a bit in some revs.

I've also had him change the trannie fluid with the molyslip, diff oil and sparks... 6th gear seems to be a pain to get into now for some reason... and not sure why that is... could that be the new clutch?

Also, i have noticed the voltage gauge stays the same when the engine on, sitting at the digit between 12 and the last one 16. That used to fluctuate before i think?

Also, i have noticed that when i start it up, i used to be able to start it without applying any pressure to accelerator, however now when i try to do that it seems to die and cutout when revs drop back down.

Edited by dannybz

I had the exact same mod a year or so ago (ultra-light flywheel and sports clutch), the chatter is gonna be loud. Without the spring-loaded dual mass flywheel, all the shudder of an unbalanced V6 will go through your gearbox. Especially on idle it chatters/rattles a lot, and when moving off under a bit of load it sounds like a grind, but its just the rattle that sounds a bit weird.

A year on and I've not had any problems with it at all, you kinda learn how to rev up to avoid it sounding stupid!

As above the rattle is to be expected, but 6th gear will be the alignment plate under the gator from inside the car.

Not to sure about the starting issue, assuming the correct plugs (gapped) are installed

Could be tps needs a reset (may have been touched or moved during the plug change? But that's a stab in the dark tbh

I just had light fly and clutch change and it threw a crank position sensor code, barely starting. The zed shed saved the day and lent me another sensor, it was better than my sensor, starting was still tricky though, but threw no code, bought a new one and its as good as gold now. The garages assumption was the used sensors were maybe a bit tired on the windings to varying degrees. Maybe worth a shot but cant guarantee it will help.