Violent shudder

blunderus

Had the the car back for nissan today.

Does this sound odd or is it just me. Bearing in mind they have had the car 2 days this is what they said. " The joint from the propshaft into the diff was stiff, nearly seized so we have freed it up and rotated the propshaft 180 degrees because it could be causing an imbalance. also the oil in the diff was very black but no swarf was present so we have changed the diff oil. Customer to monitor. "

They have put 60 miles on the car, removed and rotated the propshaft and replaced the diff oil. Total cost including VAT?

£91 (ninety one)

What I can say is what ever they have done, the car feels twice as bad as it did before off the gas in town traffic! Time for a long run after rush hour tonight I think.

No charge for diagnostics ? That will be a first from a Nissan dealership, so well done there.

Low mileage pre owned prop shafts are in stock and good to go same/next day if required.

Alex. :)

Drove the car on an 80 mile round trip last night at 70mph cruise and no major issue. However drove across town to work this morning and the fine vibration I'm getting off the gas seems to be worse. It is especially noticeable between 3500 and 3000 rpm when lifting off the gas in second or third gear.

Are the propshaft UJ's replaceable and what about the bearings in the LSD?

One person on here I am sure would sort it out is Sly @ Kaizer Motors near Rochester, Kent which I know is a long way from you, but as he is ex Nissan HPC award winning master technician and he has sorted out many members 350/370 problems, aside from doing routine stuff, that is where I would go.

http://www.kaizermotor.co.uk/

Although it was 160 mile round trip for me I that was my choice for servicing and bits and pieces :#1:

Give him a call :thumbs:

• Like 1