Engine Dressing

SiriusProjects

Hi all,

Have just been looking at images of zed engine bays and how owners have dressed them and am really keen to do the same myself. Couple of questions though. Would appreciate some feedback.

1. I own a Ultra Yellow GT4, so the obvious choice would be to use yellow as a primary colour in the engine bay for things like the battery/brake fluid covers, engine cover, etc. Currently I have yellow hoses and the engine cover, strut brace and brake fluid/battery covers are carbon fibre so it's a bit hit and miss at the mo. Trying to figure out where to start really, so any suggestions or other ideas would be great.

2. On some of the images I have seen, I have noticed that some owners have also changed the caps for the coolant, power steering, etc, to ones that match the rest of the engine bay. Have they simply customised the existing caps or can you actually buy aftermarket ones. If so, where can I buy these?

Thanks.

You've got hydrodipping, custom colours, polished plenums, painted plenums, polished strut with painted/hydrodipped feet, painted struts........the world my friend is your lobster.

Plastics are a good place to start.

• Like 1

I started by buying an engine dressing set off ebay for a tenner until i found the right coloured coolant and radiator hoses to fit.

I stripped all my engine bay plastics + interior and sent them to be hydro dipped in gold carbon, there are so many different designs.

With the caps i just brought a set off anothet member and sprayed them myself + added a slam panel

Edited by jimmy.farrow7