Bungs/Db Killers

Jetpilot

I have a real hangering to go round Thruxton again, although the last time was on my bike its a great circuit and an hour up the road.

Problem is the restrictive db requirements, 90db. I am led to believe a std 350 is 92db and i am running a hks true dual and berks. Its not loud by any stretch but wont meet the 90db.

So a question, has anyone got any data of roughly how much some bungs might cut db levels by from previous findings?

The bungs on the K1 bought it down from 102 to 98 ish from memory, tested at Woodbridge by javelin.

You sure that's not 90 drive-by? That's awfully low otherwise, most cars are going to above that on the static.

The bungs on the K1 bought it down from 102 to 98 ish from memory, tested at Woodbridge by javelin.

You sure that's not 90 drive-by? That's awfully low otherwise, most cars are going to above that on the static.

.5 @ 45 degree :(

Welcome to world of complaining residents :(

.5 @ 45 degree :(

Welcome to world of complaining residents :(

Sound tests are an absolute joke....it's a god damn race track -.-

Bungs work well, I also bought some fibreglass wadding on a small roll and used metal cable ties to keep it attached round the bung. That worked really well.

In Holland I was over the drive by DB limit so I got black flagged and told not to drift a certain corner as it's where the measuring was done from :lol:

Tbh I'd talk with my wallet and just go elsewhere.

The only option you've really got is to change back to stock, OEM is 87 or less but that's a ballache to do every time.

I agree, but i get the feeling some of these circuits just wont be available for us common folk to enjoy into the future and would be great to just tick the box before its too late.

For the cost of some bungs its worth a try, they are only an hour from me and have said i can pop in for a check before i book so will be good to know anyway :)