tidy up interior

Miller350z

so i finally bought myself a 350z after looking since late december. its a 53 plate with 62,000 miles. its in pretty good condition but like a lot id seen does have a few scuffs/marks on the centre console around the stereo and cubby hole. my question is, is there a particular pen or paint that i could use to touch up the small scuffs??

as im sure you'll know they appear white when scuffed and if i could colour them in i don't think they'd be as noticeable

sounds good to me. thanks for the info

How to remove the centre console/dash here for you Miller. ;)

Link: http://liljerk.morpheus.net/350Z/dash_removal/

Is that hydro dipped mate?

Yep that's hydro dipped Adrian. Got my door pulls done and it was worth every penny. B)

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/86048-hydro-dipped-interior-parts-door-pulls-grab-handle/

;)

that looks awesome and definitely worth looking into. im glad i asked, is it fairly hard wearing, does it mark easily?

My hydro dipped parts look as good now as the day I fitted them (I'm careful with keys in my hand mind & don't wear rings).

Basically they prep your part, spray it with a primer & base coat of paint, dip it in a water filled tank with your chosen pattern on a sheet that when it's sprayed with an activator liquefies, then once it's dried they use a clear lacquer over the part to protect the finish.

Bound to be a company local to you that will do it or you can usually post the parts for dipping at various companies around the UK. A local company called AquaGraphix did mine. They're a forum trader on here now too. ;)

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/227-aquagraphix/

it all looks really good. had a quick search and there is one near me....hydro fx. it looks okay so I'll probably go down and see what he can sort.

do you know if its heat resistant? was thinking something like this could make parts of the engine bay look really good

Had mine done by AquaGraphix - they do an outstanding job well worth the wait if you post the bits over to them as you are not local

316AB1D4-5AD7-402B-B91D-1FE0F768416F_zpsfe0tjgxg.jpg

92E2EB64-3D50-4521-A954-78141D3293A3_zpsqzbfahzl.jpg

5B800A1C-808D-4885-B380-E10B96369482_zpsu7i3eccu.jpg

7411F753-D9AF-4A8D-AFE0-EAB96B6136AD_zps4qil30tm.jpg

• Like 1

all looks nice, how much was it to do the bits in the photos if you don't mind me asking.

While im on the subject of interior, my steering wheel leather is a little worn at the top. is there any way of repairing this without having to remove the wheel??

I paid just over £250 but there was more done than in the pictures and there was rework at the original dipping by another place was not to standard expected

PM Mondo/Si as regards the steering wheel he did the leather work

it all looks really good. had a quick search and there is one near me....hydro fx. it looks okay so I'll probably go down and see what he can sort.

do you know if its heat resistant? was thinking something like this could make parts of the engine bay look really good

I know lot's of people have had their engine covers done so it can withstand some heat yes. Not sure how much but if it's just the engine cover, battery/brake fluid cover tops, strut bar ends etc then it will be no problem. ;)

a98f34eaeb4a59607e12254cff1cfbdf_zps4897642e.jpg