bye bye...

red or zed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the zed finally went to its new home on sat'day afternoon. Was very sad watching her drive away, its not often I heard how she sounded when driving off so it was doubly gutting when THAT noise echoed off the houses....:(

However, the newest addition to the Jones fleet was purchased yesterday and very nice she is too!

Ive not taken any pics of her yet, but will try and get some.

Ive gone for a nice colorado red focus ST, which is in cracking condition, basically looks like new! Obviously coming from the zed it was imperative that the power was suitably matched, so ive gone for a morego 290 one...:teeth:

Basically that consists of a miltek zaust, modified air intake, hi flow cats and an ECU remap, taking power to, yup, 290bhp and over 300lbft of torque...:scare:

She doesnt like damp/wet roads though so a judicial amount of throttle control is required. She is VERY quick though, maybe a tad quicker than the zed, and suprisingly agile in the twisties as its had a suspesion tweak. The noise is quality, a real bassy throb and ive never been in anything that pops and crackles so much on the slightest lift of throttle!! The only gripe d have is that she is a touch boomy at certain revs, but i found that simply using a few more seems to help :lol:

So all in all im well chuffed with her- she drove me home in the dark, snowy, wet weather yesterday, and took me to work this morning with no fuss. The part that I was dreading the most hasnt as yet materialised, that being the fuel consumption, which was on 28mpg when I got to work, so a couple more than what I got in the zed. (I did however get 19 when I took her for the test drive...)

Sure, it aint no zed, and its a bit strange going back to fwd, but so far so good and a worthy replacement for the zed if anyone is thinking of getting a hot hatch.

I will try and get some pics up for you all to see and hopefully she will be allowed to show her face next spring at one of the meets!

cheers