Car Mats securing clips?

ApexTM

Hello,

I have had my 370z for a couple of months now, and the the mats are doing my head in!

I bought some second hand ones through the for sale section, but they come of the locating pegs all the time.

Am I missing something or is there some clips to stop the vertical movement. I have spoke to Nissan and they tell me they come with new mats but not available separately.

Could anyone help me?

post-24694-0-40181800-1429538461_thumb.jpg

post-24694-0-09676600-1429538469_thumb.jpg

Many Thanks,

Tom

Dude, I just checked mine and the underside of my mats looks a lot different to yours, perhaps OEM ones are a certain thickness to fit the locking clips better.

Yours may be too thick and don't fully lock in.

Mine have never moved since I've had the car, in fact, it took quite a tug to get them off the peg.

70B7B12F-3A17-4320-8D74-E1D82739CEFA.jpg

0D40FFB0-B9A5-49F6-A527-5824B384E449.jpg

Mine are different to the ones above that suits posted, the holes are way too big and the 370z logo is stuck on and not stitched, guess Nissan changed the design ?

drivers side seems to stay put but the passenger side does move about :blush:

Mine are different to the ones above that suits posted, the holes are way too big and the 370z logo is stuck on and not stitched, guess Nissan changed the design ?

Ah, mines a 2009 GT, maybe they had different mats ?

• 2 weeks later...

Just made some adapters for the mats with the larger holes :)

Found these spare at work, similar ones on ebay - http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27d967b60e

Skillfully hacked at them to remove the flange part with scissors :blush: , then opened up the hole from 8mm to around 8.5mm with a small cylinder grinding stone on my cheap dremel clone, 8mm will fit very tightly and a bugger to get off when u need to clean the carpet.

May need to chamfer the radius slightly as they do sit a little proud, all in all the mats no longer move about now :teeth:

have 2 sets of 5 washers if anyone wants to do the same for their mats, you will have to modify them yourself tho, just drop me a PM with your address and i'll pop them in the post for free :)

post-9-0-68344300-1430499461_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-34232500-1430499470_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-55501000-1430499481_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 years later...