Cusco cage

fake ben taylor

Ben,

Sorry I need to answer your PM.

We have fitted a couple of Cusco cages that fit very nice , the cage in my Trackday car as per the below link, has door bars fitted and the stock door cards still fit nicely, the roll cage goes down the back of the stock dash , it does require some work to make it fit nicely but it looks lovely.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/91461-abbey-motorsport-350ztrack-project/

I can supply.

Mark do you

Ben,

We have fitted a couple of Cusco cages that fit very nice , the cage in my Trackday car as per the below link, has door bars fitted and the stock door cards still fit nicely, the roll cage goes down the back of the stock dash , it does require some work to make it fit nicely but it looks lovely.

http://www.350z-uk.c...ztrack-project/

I can supply.

Mark do you know if that cage would pass BDC regs?

This cage is far better than a lot of the cages in the BDC.

I will have a look at the cage in the car next week for the Certificate Number on the cage.

It is funny the mild steel cage in my car has the top seat belt fixing tied into the cage with a built in mounting point and door bars where as the Chromoly version that we are fitting to another 350Z track car doesn't have door bars nor the mounting point.

If you need any help with your 350Z with regards set up/tuning give me a PM would be good to see another Zed in the BDC Steve

I have the Cusco around dash cage and it is a stunning bit of kit. If your car is any sort of daily driver, proceed with caution. It restricts movement a lot and if you're tall then theres a good chance your head may hit it often.

Ben,

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/91461-abbey-motorsport-350ztrack-project/

I can supply.

Hey Mark, longtime. I had considered the cusco cage until I helped fitting one and I have no doubts you could really call them a track worthy roll cage. All the 6 points are bolted onto the thin sheet metal floor of the car and the reinforment plates are flimsy. If you roll a car with it, certainly it will punch through the floor.

This is why they donot meet any type approval anywhere in the world.

However as my question to the op if it's for show or low risk activity as auto cross/gymkhana, amateur drifting events then it's adequate since you just need a roll and harness bar. Secondly the design is versatile being bolt on and the fitting is not intrusive.

From a price point of view considering how much the cusco costs, definitely one should consider a weld in or bolt on cage from custom cages or the like which starts from £600(-VAT) if you are looking for serious protection and chassis stiffening.

Off course this does not include the cisy of welding.

Edited by GT4 Zed

They are certificated just looked at my car.

The plates need welding in under the car line all proper approved cages.

The through dash Cusco cages work real well far better than the dash dodgers cages that I know are certificated as the way the front legs bend around the dash make a weak point.

In a ideal world if I was building a full race car I would have a weld in cage but the Cusco cage fits lovely I did spend time cutting all the interior trims around the cage and does the job we need a a track car for my wife to use and me to occasionally have a drive.

Will get some prices next week.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Ben,

Look at the picture/s tell me what cage you would like a price please, I have marked the one I have in my car.

Both D1 Chrome moly and Safety 21 mild steel

pEm8OM.jpg

oUeouo.jpg

Also a list what they make for the 350Z.

http://www.cuscousainc.com/vehicle-results.html?make=136&modelname=485

Once you tell me what you like I will get a price for you.

Any questions ask away

No they don't list a bolt in harness bar but they do list bolt in door bars.

7 and 8 point D1 cages come with a harness bar.

The 10 point Safety 21 come swith both harness bar and door bars which fit a car with standard doors interior panels still fitted. This is what I have fitted our Abbey Motorsport 350Z trackcar.