£5k 350?

I'm going down the route of part cash part finance and its a real pain in the a**e

7k budget for a coupe, it's got to be no older than 10 years old and less than 100k miles. There's only 1 out there and I'm not impressed

Seriously thinking about looking out for something else

Where the hell are you looking? Mines on an '04 plate, GT Spec, 38k miles and only thing wrong was the common fault with the Rays having slight bubbling on them. Paid £7.5k

Hi, Yeah I paid 5k for mine with MOT and service history. It needs a clutch (high but not slipping) new tyres, and a full self service which will make up that grand*.

But at least I know it's done.

Edit: *and a bit :-)

Edited by Oggieteepo
  • Like 1

Spend as much as you can afford on the initial purchase. Buy cheap and you may find you are spending much more than 5k to get it right unless you are lucky. Lots of good advice on buying cars on here. Be patient. There are a few nasty examples around..

Buy cheap and you may find you are spending much more than 5k to get it right unless you are lucky

Why? This isnt some highly strung Italian thoroughbred or an early 90's hot hatch, its an unstressed, well made and apparently fairly rustproof car, I dont think theres much thats not blindingly obvious you could wrong on.

Look at the standard faults, its banana arms, droplinks and clicking axles (and still no-one has been able to tell me why this is a problem), none of which is more than a couple of hundred quid to fix.

If its got some service history, doesnt sound like a percussion instrument when driving and doesnt blow smoke then its unlikely theres anything lurking to catch out unsuspecting buyers.

• Like 1

It helps if you're quite mechanically minded. In my opinion when your looking for cars around this value the depreciation has happened.

Save yourself a considerable amount by learning how to do servicing and annual consumables yourself.

*of which you are already in the right place for

Edited by Oggieteepo