Spark plug socket

JoKeR

Looking for a magnetic spark plug socket for a 2003 Nissan 350z.

I believe it's a 16mm socket I need but I need someone to confirm please.

I've seen some online but I don't want to commit to buy if it won't fit.

Anywhere else I can get one?

So many questions lol

Thanks

That's what she 'Zed' :-/

Double check in the manual (em.pdf - page 34) for your year of car - it does say 16mm in the manual though:

http://www.nicoclub....ce-manuals.html

I bought a long tube one from Halfords - just take a replacement spark with you to double check the size.

bc1987: so you don't drop it and crack the ceramic material :lol:

Also, iirc my one said 14mm on the tube confusingly.

Edited by RobPhoboS

Thanks guys I managed to borrow one in the end but it's very weird. I did look in the manual and online but I needed to confirm as like you experienced; they vary from 14-16mm? I'm using a 16mm one that says 10mm on it to undo them then I need to use a 14mm one with the rubber in to get them out as the other one can't get them for some reason????

On another note does anyone know the best and easiest way to clean the lower intake manifold when off the car? I have a lot of gunk in there!

7d5b39fc08e5f0580ba16de34d2b1893.jpg

Thanks again for the info on the spark plug sockets guys.

That looks nasty, I used carb cleaner and a microfibre cloth.

But my one was just lightly coated in oil.

Cheers mate so far I've been using tissue just to scoop the worst of it out. I'm debating the dishwasher haha. Can I spay it with a suitable cleaning product and hose down or is that a no go?

Haha ok propa stupid moment! Yh I was just looking at that same one online I'll pick some of that up later then. Should I just continue to spray and wipe then or do you know if it would it be alright to flush through with a bit of water if there's any need to?

I went to halfords and bought some stuff called Gunk. Basically the same its for use on engines and they recommended it when I showed them a pic of the build up in there. Used a paint brush to apply, left it a while an got water on it. Then wiped clean. Looks a lot better on the inside buts it's a bit stained. Outside looks great tho.

16bfb416c3ae08330aaf01ac05d5a117.jpg

Going back a bit, when I took the spark plugs out, I had a lot of oil on one (as I knew u would).

cbf4bd319ff7d41321f4a81439ad6d67.jpg

cb5bca280be377ab3aea6bb39a883df5.jpg

So much oil to the point it was dripping. Believe it or not I had no problems driving the car (apart from the smell of burning oil). I imagine this could be something to do with the build of of gunk???

I'm guessing before replacing my valve covers I need to dry out the cylinder full of oil somehow right?? How do I do this?

Thanks again

The oil all over the plug is a sign of the seals on the valve cover having failed. You can either buy a new one for whichever bank the plug came from, or contact Torqen about purchasing the seals on their own for less money, but more work.

I've got the valve covers thanks mate just waiting for gaskets to arrive then I'll swap them out. Thought I would go for something a bit different too...

7d904f5414b89beffd1ee221f20a2d4e.jpg

Just wasn't sure how to clean out where the oil was pooled (bottom of cylinder 6) during replacing the covers.

Thanks mate