Lost caliper pin locating clip

Dannyg

Make sure you get the thicker ones like the brembo, such a coincidence but mine fell out last wednesday! and the pin/rod that holds in the pads was half hanging out!! and i previously used an RC car one which was thinner than the standard one so can only assume thats how it fell out!

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing has just happened to me. Went out today to touch up the caliper paint and noticed one of the brake pad retaining pins sticking out about 5mm more than the other, on one of the rear brakes. The R pin that secures the bigger pin was indeed missing.

It's a little scary that something so small is so important. It's been about 1000 miles since I last did a full check over on the brakes and the loss of this little tiny pin could mean everything comes apart very quickly.

I've had a look for some replacements and found these which are a little thicker than the usual ones you find, and they're also bent over at the end like the original ones. Hopefully they will be a good fit. I'll let you all know.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=400814973608

• Like 1

Ok, replaced the pins today. The 1.2mm pins are good for thickness, but you can use 1mm too if that's all you have, they aren't the load bearing part of the setup anyway, so they're not going to break.

The next size up I had was 1.6mm thickness and they definitely don't fit.