new member to the zed club.

Brilliant, how often do you check? An at what level should I be running at as I have not seen a dip stick like the one in the zed before. Very well hidden under the k&n air filter.

I typically check my oil every two weeks but then I don't do a lot of miles in that time. Personally I'd check it every week (especially if you are doing a lot of miles) if you can as it's the life blood of any engine so if it drops too low then that's the easiest way to kill any engine.

The Zeds dipstick (on VQ35DE) is a bl**dy nightmare of a thing but once you get the knack of it it is relatively easy to put in & get a true reading from.

The best way to do this is to leave the car parked on level ground overnight so that you take a reading when the oil is cold & most of it is back in the sump.

Pull out the dipstick from the engine and wipe it clean with a cloth.

Then slide the dipstick slowly back into the dipstick tube ~ using a torch is best I find to see the hole your aiming for ~ there are a pair of guide ramps either side you'll see also so you shouldn't miss the hole. ;)

Then wait say 10 seconds and slowly pull the dipstick completely out of the tube turning it over so you can see where the oil has left it's mark in the hatch marked area. If you've done a clean pull then that's your oil level.

If you're unsure just wipe it clean again & repeat the above procedure until you are happy you've read the level correctly. Some people have problems but I only ever need to do it once as I've become very familiar now with checking the level.

Couldn't find an exact picture of the 350Z dipstick level indicator but this pic below is close enough.

sentra_dip_stick.jpg

As it states keep the oil level ideally at the top all the time (top of hatch marked area) and you shouldn't have a problem. :thumbs: