*** TORQEN *** 350z DE DIY Rocker cover repair kit

Adrian@TORQEN

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am currently rebuilding my rocker cover and it seems and if the seals in the kit don't fit once I've drilled out the old ones. Is there anyone who has fitted this latest kit who can help?

Hi buddy, could you post some photos here with the covers drilled and the seals in the hole? The seals are as big as the hole drilled with the tool included in the kit, I can't see why wouldn't fit.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 21/04/2017 at 13:07, Adrian@TORQEN said:

Hi buddy, could you post some photos here with the covers drilled and the seals in the hole? The seals are as big as the hole drilled with the tool included in the kit, I can't see why wouldn't fit.

Hi Adrian,

So for the delayed response on this. I ended just purchasing new rocker covers.

I am still looking to try and get some sort of resolution as I still have my old cover and the kit sat here.

I hope these images demonstrate my issue as I can't seem to seat them correctly. I would appreciate your thoughts and help on this.

Photo 10-09-2017, 12 44 46.jpg

Photo 10-09-2017, 12 44 54.jpg

Photo 10-09-2017, 12 45 11.jpg

Photo 10-09-2017, 12 45 21.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi guys,

just for anyone thinking of buying one of these kits, just do it!

i bought one originally when Adrian sourced them, probably 2-3 years ago now, I did the passenger side in 4 hours or so but I chickened out on the drivers side due to all the extra gubbins in that area.

this last few weeks I’ve seen a large increase in my oil consumption so decided to give the drivers side another bash.

it took me 4 hours to disassemble last night and drill out/fit the new seals, along with another 2.5 hours this morning rebuilding. You just had to be VERY careful on the drivers side as the fuel regulator and the main connection to the fuel rail is here. You need to depressurise the fuel rail, best way I found was to start the car and then pull the fuel pump relay so the car eventually stalls. Then when you’re undoing the fuel rail connection bolts just out a small plastic tub underneath. I lost about 30ml of fuel :) 

im still waiting for the gasket to dry up so I haven’t started the car yet, but I checked the soil packs on the passenger side that I did years ago and was very happy when I saw they were all dry, so the kit definitely works!

one tip, when you’re removing bolts for things, wrap them all in some masking tape and write in the tape what they do as you’ll have about 50 bolts just for the drivers side! Take plenty of photos of your disassembly and you can see where everything goes. Also worth using the same masking tape to wrap around any pipes or electrical connectors that you disconnect so you have a very obvious visual indicator of what you have disconnected/needs reconnecting.

all in all, with a moderate level of DIY skills, you could complete both sides in probably 7 hours as the longest steps are getting the plenum sections off of the car.

well worth the price of the kit and has stood the test of time in my Z. Now I just need to get a new PCV !