Passenger side window issue

andy62

So a couple of days ago when my partner closed the passenger door the window went down about a quarter and stopped. I thought nothing of it at first thinking maybe I pressed the button by accident on my door. After opening and closing the door a few times it never did it.

However

It is now becoming an intermittent problem. My biggest issue however is that I've noticed as the door is closed the window does not then close that extra bit like mine does to seal it.

I have posted recently about a water leak in my boot which I can't help think all things are adding up together.

I only noticed today as well due to not having my radio on (unsure whether this was happening before) that there was a blowing sound in the car as though a window was open slightly. Couldn't make out where the noise is coming from it sounded like from the back of the car but again cant help but think this is because my window is not shutting fully.

It might also be worth mentioning I had my whole windscreen replaced about 3-4 weeks ago due to three large chips on it but would be suprised if that is the cause of all my problems

Any advise would be much appreciated!

Sorry mate, bit new to this lol. Seen a few with the window not working at all but struggling to find any with issue I've got. Guess I'm not very good with my keywords, will keep searching

Thanks mate, never thought of doing it that way. Think I'm going to try the window reset I've seen a few times on different forums and hopefully that will sort it, found the process on service manual.

Problem sorted!

I had recently had my radio upgraded to a pioneer and read if the battery is disconnected this can result in issues.

I carried out the window reset procedure and good as new again!

Thanks for your help

Out of Interest, does the window reset button depress right in fully, then return back to its original position. Im only asking as when my son removed his door panel to do his, the button seemed very stiff like it only wanted to depress a couple of millimetres. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

I just read on the site how to reset the windows on the 370 Z. It worked perfectly, Simply send the window down and hold switch down for 6 seconds and then up and hold switch up for 6 seconds. It then worked as it should. many thanks.