Polish for Le Mans Blue

cmp999

So spring is here :scare: well it's supposed to be, so time to start cleaning! Can anyone recommend a polish that will enhance the colour, I have been using Autoglym followed by Autoglym HD wax!

Cheers,

Colin.

Hi ilogikal1, the paintwork is good besides the obligatory stone chips that these cars have. I do like the wet look finish that some cars have, I still have plenty of HD wax left but do you recommend something else?

Cheers that is something that I may try then Ekona, I have read good things about the Dodo juice but have never tried it.

I use this and gives a great gloss, easy on/off aswell, as Dan says buy a panel pot (last ages) less is more with most products

ps. I would highly recommend claying, a good gloss is in the prep :thumbs:

difficult colour to photograph as it changes colour with the light

P1040362_zps474e950c.jpg

• Like 2

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/Chemical_Guys_Blacklight_Radiant_Finish_p/blklgt.htm

http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/chemical-guys-glossworkz-shampoo

I've just bought some Gyeon Bathe+ and wet coat but I've been using Glossworkz for a while (3rd bottle) and it does work really well, I would definitely recommend it

this is black hole and dodo supernatural on my old car

P1040092.jpg

P1040091.jpg

• Like 1

might give this a go at some point. How often do you need to do this guys?? after every wash??

Depends how often you wash. ;) With a glaze, you can add more every day without any harm to anything but your wallet. :teeth:

More realistically though, maybe 3/4 times a year would probably be sufficient - you'd only want to re-apply a glaze when defects start to show again. You can do this as often as you wish really.

Re-applying wax will depend on the wax largely, but any decent wax should last 2-3 months or so easily between top-ups - you won't need to glaze before every wax application, and you only need to top-up the wax when the protection shows signs of wear... how this is measured is "debatable" at best. :lol: Water behaviour is the indicator I use - when the beading and/or sheeting changes dramatically, it's as good a time as any to reapply.

Since you're not actually correcting the paint in this case, then you'd only do it once the wax has gone and taken the filler with it (in this case, the Black Hole). Once every three months would be about right, but you might need to do it monthly on a car kept outside and used daily or six months when it's a weekend toy that barely moves and is kept indoors.

If you wash properly (i.e. NOT using the AG shampoo, as that strips all the protection) then you really don't need to do it that often, it's just how you feel about how the paint is looking.

If you read the contents of AG shampoo, you'll notice that it contains the stuff that strips the LSP from your car. Very sneaky, as it then means you go through the rigmarole of waxing again every single time you wash, hopefully using their stuff in their minds, just to keep the finish level up.

Tim from Envy pointed that out to me.

• Like 1