Water (Condensation?) coming from y-pipe/mid-pipe joint

slaver

So, I got a Scorpion exhaust from Tarmacsportz ( :thumbs:) fitted at the tail end of last year but over the last few weeks noticed a vibrating noise when the car first started and when slowing down/coming down the revs - figured this is the heat shield on the cats as they are a bit of a state!

Anyways, when my head is under the car checking out the cats, I noticed a dripping coming from the joint where the Y Pipe connects to the mid pipe.

Tried tightening up the bolts, but water keeps dripping out when I start the car and let warm up.

Is this possibly just a crap gasket (cheapo £3 ebay job, exhaust kit did not have gaskets)? Does it make any difference to the performance etc?

Any advice much appreciated!

Re: the vibration, if it's not the cats' heat shield, my scorpion used to rattle off the W brace from time to time until the W brace was modified with a hammer to improve clearance. Worth a look next time you have it up.

That drip hasn't run down from the AC unit by any chance?

Maybe try a better gasket, if there's wster getting out, there's air getting out too. Sonetines you need extra hands to hold that joint up whilst tightening the 2 bolts in order to get it flush.