What to do next ?

galgazza

Cool. Noticed that Amy has a rear view camera on her car. Tech is great when it works.

The Z is more for driving for me. I hate having passengers cause I'm a selfish being, the car drives so much better and feels more balanced with no passenger, that is probably in my head though. I doubt the car is designed to function perfectly with just a driver :)

The best mods for me personally, have to be the ones that make the car function. The only cosmetic change i was looking at was a new rear bumper (which I'm starting to think is not going to happen) And I'm going to focus on the mechanicals now that i know how easy it is to make those changes after my recent experience.

Do you have a build thread for your mods?

Only problem with the rear view camera is where do you put it without it being too noticeable, does Amy have a 350Z and where is it placed? I’m actually the same, like to keep the car looking OEM looking and svelte. But when I first picked up my zed almost 5 years ago I just couldn’t bear that horrid stock head unit, that had to go quick time! All of the Kenwood stuff I just took out of my previous car (Toyota Celica VVTI) so I had those before I even owned the Zed.

Unfortunately I have to admit I was lazy and didn’t want to **** anything up with my new Zed so I just went to my local ICE installer, Dynamic Sounds, to fit it all in as it was pretty cheap and I have to say that they done a stellar job. I’m quite embarrassed to say they done such a good job of hiding the little boxes (Hard Disk SAT NAV, Freeview Tuner and Bluetooth kit) I don’t know where they actually are now! It’s somewhere underneath the driver or passenger carpet, but when I tried to feel for it recently I couldn’t detect anything!

After that I got the sub enclosure with 2x Rockford Fosgate P1s which I picked up luckily off eBay for stupid money, but that really makes a massive difference. Last thing I done was change the front speakers to Focal Polyglass 165 VRS (bought and installed by Dynamic Sounds) and that too made a massive difference, I stopped there in terms of ICE. Performance mods are in my sig and I couldn’t be happier with both types of modding, both inside and out!

• 2 weeks later...

Well the wheels are now done (see link below) and the exhaust and new hood motor should be fitted next week.. The money is disappearing out of my account rather rapidly :lol:

http://www.350z-uk.c...roadster-build/

Well done, those ones are pretty much essential mods so never think of it as money wasted :)

I'm waiting to get paid before finishing a few mods myself!

• Like 1

Jimboy I have gone for the Invidia Gemini Rolled Titanium Tip Cat-Back Exhaust system... Exotic I forgot to add the private plates that have turned up today :D

oh and the led light upgrade next week.. Then I am going to take a break from the mods and enjoy my first 'Z Summer'

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Okay thanks I don't want it to be visible so will look into the number plate area if I get it done.

I have this one it is hardly noticeable even when you are looking for it!! :)http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CCD-Rear-View-Camera-FOR-NISSAN-Versa-Pulsar-Cube-350Z-370Z-GTR-Infiniti-G35-G37-/400896175311?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5d57462ccf

New hood motor fitted but still problems with the hood, we have discovered we need to replace another motor now. Luckily when I purchased my z I had some money put aside to spend on it. But be careful with the roadster and check the roof is working ok as it can become a very expensive problem.

The good news is we think we have the solution now and the new part has been ordered from Japan.