Roadster Hood body protector strip

bababongles

Hi guys,

Has anyone replaced the clear plastic protection strip on the paintwork that the hood rests on when closed?

It is really spoiling the finish badly around that area due to much tarnishing and dirt accumulating on and under all the edges.

Can it be replaced and if so how!!?

Appreciate any help on this one.

I believe most automotive tapes are manufactured by 3M and they do a clear adhesive tape which may be useful as a replacement tape. I understand 3M also do a tape removal spray to assist in removing the original tape.

It may be worth contacting the 3M UK technical support help line for more advice.

Not sure how you would go about cutting/shaping any new tape to match the the hood footprint though!

You may have to obtain a Nissan part, if your bank balance is healthy enough!!!!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just bumped this thread and can tell you that I have taken mine off with a hair dryer and it still pulled off all the paint. The paint is very thin on these cars. Just as well I was painting the car.

So yes...it will pull the paint off.