Anyone here do picture framing? I want to learn!

twobears

I make a lot of embroidered pictures and, although I say it myself, they are really quite nice. I have sold a few and would like to sell more. At the moment I use a local picture framer who doesn't overcharge me but to improve my profit margin on the pictures I am wondering about learning to do the framing myself. So my question, if anyone knows the answer, is how difficult is it to learn and how much equipment will I need to invest in? I've got the space in which to do it so that's not a problem but I don't want to invest a lot of money in equipment at this point as I am only trialling this idea.

Any info gratefully received as always. Thanks :)

Thank you :) I guess it is the same as most things then i.e. you get what you pay for? :dry: Maybe it would be better if I could ask for a discount at the picture framer I use? I don't like to charge too much for my pictures and framing adds quite a lot to the cost but I can't offer them unframed like you can with prints as they wouldn't look right unframed.

I found it pretty hard. My missus paints. She's been on at me to frame her stuff for years so I had a go with some simple wood.

The results were pretty poor - you can see the joins. It didn't help that the canvasses weren't perfectly square. I lost heart when the last lot of wood from B&Q was bent.

Will try again though...

Edited by Kieran O'Quick