Wheel advice - JR3 alloys

blaqkaudio

Hi everyone,

After spending considerable time last night doing some investigation in what alloys to go for, wheel sizes/stretch/fitment (10pm-1am and 50 open tabs later - time flies! :yawn: ) I decided to get some sleep an ask the question on here.

Basically I want to get this right before 'just impulse buying alloys, then posting on here for help because they don't fit'.

Currently I have new tyres all round (2 months old if that), 225/45 up front and 245/45 on the rear, I'm keeping these with intent to fit on the new alloys with some stretch.

Searching online and here gave me an insight into what the potential look will be like:

pjf1985 - running 225/45 up front with 9.5j alloys / 10.5j rear on 245/45, acceptable stretch on his pictures, my rear would be 10j so I would have slightly less stretch in that aspect

Grundy - saw some pictures showing his stretch with a 225/45 on 9 or 9.5j - cant remember but again small stretch here at an overhead view, looked ok.

I know a lot of people don't like stretched tyres but this is what I'm going for.

Japan Racing JR3 alloys in the following:

Fronts - 18" 9.5j

Rears - 18" 10j

So basically I want to get it right with the correct ET and not have to use spacers from the outset on clearing the Brembos.

Gargoyle - has these exact wheels fitted, mentioned needing 3mm spacers to clear the Brembos? I have mailed him to find out what ET his were from Tarmac so I can go from there.

Anyone else on here with JR3's that would be helpful too? :thumbs: Hoping due to the 'concave' design of the wheels they clear?

- to note (not sure if relevant) I have coilovers on order along with camber arms and toe correction. Car will be lowered with intent to nicely close the arch gap.

Apologies for the bible write up, just want to get all the info on here and get it right before buying :)

What do you guys recommend ET wise for those sizes though? Thoughts?

Thanks, Dan

Edited by blaqkaudio
  • Like 2

Cheers Grundy, good to know :)

Clearing the Brembos is a concern but I guess if spacers are needed then I'll have to get them. Hopefully

"Gargoyle" gets back to me :unsure:

9.5j - comes in et 15/20/22/25 so there's choice

10j - comes in et25

Looking for some help myself. I've found a set of 19" deep dish wheels, tyre size is 235/35/zr19. 5x112 but will fit (so I've been told) 5x114.3 with wobble bolts As that's how they're fitted just now on a honda accord. Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Looking for some help myself. I've found a set of 19" deep dish wheels, tyre size is 235/35/zr19. 5x112 but will fit (so I've been told) 5x114.3 with wobble bolts As that's how they're fitted just now on a honda accord. Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

not sure how you can have wobble bolts on a car that takes nuts mind

• Like 1

not sure how you can have wobble bolts on a car that takes nuts mind

I meant nuts. It's been a long day. ;)

My main concerns are alloys that won't clear the brembos or that will hit the arches. Just waiting for the seller to send me some more pics of the alloys and the size stamp. So will post them as soon as i get them.

You'll be fine with using the standard tyre sizes mate, not all that much stretch. Plus stretch looks cool B)

Cheers mate, I was using your pictures as a guide :)

Anyway I have ordered the alloys chaps, appreciate all the advice...they are sat right behind me stacked up at work! :lol:

Will be a while before they are fitted as I don't have much free time atm :dry:

• Like 1