FS - Painted Slam Panel

Pritchard

So i finally got around to fitted my slam panel after sourcing new bumper clips....

it fits.

but, the bonnet doesnt shut!

I'm running a aftermarket front bumper which seems to be the issue. the clearance is there for the latch etc, but the bonnet cant go low enough. (if you see the design of the Do-Luck front bumper, you will see bonnet 'sinks' into a groove.

oh well :(

so here we have, painted sunset orange (A17 paint code) slam panel by Rickdon.

1qTM2Fs.jpg

this is what it looked like fitted - literally 10min ago for the first time. fitted fine :)

but now its in the dining room. :(

QedUCxy.jpg

£40 delivered.

Pritchard.

* i know its possible and has been done that some people fit this under the bumper clips instead of over - tried that too. bonnet wouldnt shut.

Pritchard did you try adjusting the latch upwards or even the hinges? I have a carbon fibre SEIBON bonnet and had to do this to fit my slam panel. Ever so slightly slacken the hinge bolts and the latch bolt and it upwards then close the bonnet gently. It would slide enough to @*!# properly if you got the bolts just right. Now tighten everything and retest. It should be ok then.

Just sayin' before you sell😉

I'm with GT4 Zed here mate - fitted a few where we had to adjust the catch and also shorten the rubber bump stops on the bonnet - they screw in and out to adjust the length that may help :)

Edited by Keyser