Eibachs Lowering Springs on 20" Vossens

adevine

Advice Please,

I have just fitted my new vossens and im now looking at Lowering springs, I know the Eibachs will drop the front by 25mm and the rear by 20.

I just wanted to know if anyone has fitted these springs on 20's and if so have you had any problems with rubbing on the arches??

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

All depends on the offset of the wheels and tyre size. I am running Eibachs with 9.5J and ET20 on the front. With a 245/40 tyre I had to cut part of the arch of so it didnt rub.

Any wider or more aggressive then I would need to run smaller tyres or more aggressive camber. Its currently at negative 2 at the moment.

Rears should be fine though :)

just a point... it looks like the swirl on the rear wheels is going the opposite way to the swirl on the front wheels... do you have a side on shot to compare front and rear wheels?

Correct, I noticed it as soon as i began cleaning it, went back to STS and had them swapped over straight away. so all is well.

You think i would have noticed when i picked it up after first fitment and allignment checks, i was obviously to excited.

All depends on the offset of the wheels and tyre size. I am running Eibachs with 9.5J and ET20 on the front. With a 245/40 tyre I had to cut part of the arch of so it didnt rub.

Any wider or more aggressive then I would need to run smaller tyres or more aggressive camber. Its currently at negative 2 at the moment.

Rears should be fine though :)

Thanks for the help,

Im not sure about the offset, i think the width is 9.5" as opposed to the standard wheels which were 9.0" (i may be wrong). The Tyres on the front are 245/35 and the rears are 10.5" 275/30.

Really wanted to avoid cutting the arch, Dont Suppose you know if Eibach do a spring for a smaller drop on the Front??

Thanks Again,

Alex

Your tyres have less height over OEM which will help as far as rubbing goes but does really depend on offset.

OEM rays are ET47 on the front as standard so are quite subtle.

Eibach springs only come in one drop unfortunately.

Your tyres have less height over OEM which will help as far as rubbing goes but does really depend on offset.

OEM rays are ET47 on the front as standard so are quite subtle.

Eibach springs only come in one drop unfortunately.

Thanks for the info,

I think its worth the risk, before i order them i dont suppose you know if i require to change the camber arm on the rears. i have read a couple of threads that state you need a kit when fitting the eibach springs. I know the weels will need an alignment adjustment but didnt think i needed to change any additional parts!!!

The rears only just go into tolerance without camber arms, so ideally its best to buy them but I didn't and haven't noticed any increased wear yet :)

Again Thanks for the advice,

Order is now placed, and if i see an increased tyre wear ill purchase some Camber arms.

Cheers,

Alex

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i have eibachs fitted and its put my camber out slightly, i have 2.5% on the rears and 1.5% on the front and can't adjust them any further without new arms. i had to get them checked as the two rears had different camber after fitting.

keep us updated on any rubbing issues with the 20's as I'm looking at getting some soon :p