Reverse camera: bypass handbrake restriction, existing loom fitting schematic or replacement loom options.

chips

Hi,

I've got an ebay reverse camera and i'm too lazy/cheap to want to bother fitting it to the front console so want to wire it in to the centre console av input. for now.

It's tested and working in the aux postition but only works with the hand brake on which is too much of a inconvenience even for my lazy and cheapness!

It's this one which comes with power cables and a yellow av video cable.

http://www.ebay.co.u...-/111592510124?

Anyone out there can tell me how to disable the handbrake aux video prevention function?

Alternatively, anyone has a schematic of how to fit the camera wires in the existing wiring loom, I'm guessing the existing fitting is blank in the place it usually fits that wire so it should just be I need to fit the wire into the existing plug.

and if that's not around, someone please point me in the direction of a loom! :)

thanks.

Edited by chips

• 1 year later...

Which ever cable is the earth cable or handbrake cable just fix the end of it onto anything metal, best point of contract is under a bolt head, even better is to remove/scratch the paint off underneath for a good bare metal conection.

• Like 2

Nav equipped 370z will cut dvd playback based on the gps speed as well hence you need the bypass kit , and if you are using the dvd playback capability (Some use this to display gauges via the OBD) you lose the gps signal to the nav

It is entirely dependant on age and brand of double din radio as a lot of new pioneer headunits have a protection feature that require it to be earthed after the stereo has switched on which makes it completely pointless just grounding it to a chassis bolt.

But there is ways around this I have used a cheap 12v relay which will switch on after headunit like this

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=290581995764&alt=web

Also you can intercept the ground wire with a basic switch so you can just switch ground on after headunit switches on but I prefer the relay as the switch would need to be on display inside the car somewhere

I believe we are Rich, hence my comment was incorrect - oringally thought he had something aftermarket. Not familiar with the 370 setup (sounds like a pain)

Russyb - my Pioneer is a year old and mine certainly doesn't have that 'feature' - just a simple cable to attach to the handbrake switch. Would be a bit stupid to make it require that cable to be earthed after switching on as generally the handbrake is on when parked!

My pioneer is also around a year old and does have this feature so as said in previous post it is dependant on brand age model etc etc.

It's all very heavily documented online if your unsure about models and makes

Edited by russyb